Nutrition Expert Forum
is there something i should worry about?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

2 months ago I was hit by 2 cars. I survived and so did the baby in my stomach. Right now I am about 18 weeks pregnant and my bump looks like I ate too much. I was in the hospital for a month. Unconscious and eating through a tube and with a straw. When I was admitted I weighed 140 and leaving the hospital at 120. I have maintained this weight even though I try to shovel food down my throat. Is there possibly something wrong with me or the baby?
I am sorry to hear about your accident and very glad you and your baby survived. Consume 2200-2400 calories per day to gain weight, which in turn the baby will grow. Suggest drinking high dense nutrient drinks, such as, milkshakes (milk, fruit, and ice cream blended) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, fresh fruit, and frozen fruit) in place of fluid at every meal. This will help you get additional calories for the amount you need daily.  Recommend taking your prenatal vitamins and visit a doctor to monitor your health/weight gain and the baby. Hoped this helped you.