Nutrition Community
juice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

juice

i have been drinking a litre of orange juice everyday for the past 2months.will drinking this much a day effect me in the long run?i have also had a couple of nose bleeds.is this because of drinking to much orange juice?
Avatar n tn
i dont drink alot of water.I think oj is good and will cover for the water i havent drank..I find water to plain2 drink.

Drinking the OJ will not cause nose bleeds.  My question is why are you drinking so much juice?
Avatar n tn
Orange juice is a yummy and healty drink.  It has some water in it, but is not considered a replacement for water in the diet.  If you dislike drinking plain water, try putting a flavoring in it like lemon juice, or if you want a sweet drink, add grape juice.  You can also drink fluids that are mostly water like tea. Try staying away from drinks high in sugar like coolaid or sodas.  Remember that sodas with sugar subs still have alot of empty calories and no nutrition in them. Good luck
Goodness Starqueen, you are making correcting you a full time job.  Sodas that contain sugar substitutes (aka: diet soda) are virtually calorie free.
Avatar n tn
Hey uzzy,

I no you didnt come here to ask about OJ, but I have to say,
you might want to consider the high amount of sugars you are
taking in when you drink OJ. See, juices in moderation are ok, but if you are drinking more than a 12 ounces a day, you might be doing more harm than good. Its a simple matter of sugar content verus filling content. You are drinking an extract of fruit, no fiber, all the sugars. You might as well open a bag of sugar and eat that with water( no disrespect, but that is what you are essentially doing)
High sugar content= stress on the system, insulin flucuation, weight gain, low energyt spurts, headaches, and other various issues.

I do have a recomendation though,

If you cannot stand the lack of flavor in water, try an alternative such as "PowerAde Power Option". Cheaper than OJ by volume, and has a great flavor. It is a flavored water, but much stronger in flavor than any other flavored waters I have tried. It only contains 8 grams of sugar (carbs) per bottle. Very delicous.
The liquid is clear in a clear bottle, not to be confused with the the other type this company sells wich is just like generic gatorade. Pick it up anywhere, its everywere now.

Hope I helped,

Neil
i have to admit, i'm not crazy about drinking plain water, either.  but, the more i force myself to do it, the less objectionable it seems.  it's just better than the alternative, health wise.  juices and regular sodas have too much sugar.  flavored, no-calorie water, colas and teas have artificial sweetners which may - or may not - be harmful in large quantities.  i've just given up and switched to - gulp - plain water with a slice of lemon.
Avatar n tn
thanks.helped alot
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
MH Community Mgr is off for the night. Comment
9 mins ago
CamLp uploaded new photos
Jun 30
Track your weight over time