Nutrition Community
kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

kidney

Assume one is in the very earliest stages of kidney disease with a GFR of 85 while >90 is considered normal.  What kind of dietary ristrictions should be followed?  At what point is it necessary to reduce dietary phoshorus, potassium and salt?  What levels should they be reduced to?  Is this for the purpose of maintaining normal blood levels of such or is it to reduce stress on the kidneys?  What is the amount of protein restriction?  Also, are magnesium supplements harmful to the kidneys?  Or is it just that someone with impaired kidneys may run into a problem.  Are there any vitamins and minerals, if so at what dose?
The kidneys are organs affected by a chemical in common use today and for decades.  People are primarily exposed at the cuticles and getting vapors in eyes.  Research knows a lot about this chemical, but it has not yet translated into being recognized by doctors or patients, either for that matter.

They say glyconutrients are helping people with diabetes (& we all know that diabetes is 'blamed' for causing kidney harm, eventually).  I suspect diabetes is many, many times caused by 2-butoxyethanol.  I do not believe diabetes is what causes all the things that it gets blamed for.

I suspect Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and many other ailments:  headaches, CNS damage, etc ... including kidney and liver harm ... to be part of what this 2-butoxyethanol does.  www.valdezlink.com/acute.htm

Avoid exposure.

Why not diabetes?  www.valdezlink.com/pages/diabetes.htm