Nutrition Community
light headed dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

light headed dizzy

hello i'm a 22 yr old male, body style: slim. for the past few weeks everyday i been having episodes of light headed and dizziness.  i'd say anywhere from moderate to severe, seldomly it gets so bad i'll need to hold on to something just to maintain my balance.  i have a suspicion that this may be linked to malnutrition/poor diet.  my income is limited, and needless to say i dont eat 3 meals a day.  usually the food that i do eat is not of the healthiest.  however this is not my question. im going to work on improving my diet.  my question is could this be linked to anything else besides poor nutrition? thanks for your help
Your electrolytes, vitamins, minerals could be off balance with is part of a healty lifestyle. Yes try to eat better and drink plenty of water
We are not medical doctors here. However, because these episodes have gone on so long, I would recommend that you see a health care practitioner. Sometimes lightheadedness and dizziness are related to minor inner ear imbalances that aren't really serious, like labyrinthitis.  OTC Dramamine or Bonine can help symptoms like these.  

Your symptoms could also be related to diet or due to timing of exercise; there's just no way to know without a physical check-up, however, and having a doc take a look at you.  

If you get your episodes at certain times of the day, it can be helpful to keep meclizine on hand (that's OTC Dramamine or Bonine). But I would still recommend that you see a doctor, if possible. Good luck.