Aa
A
A
Close
204601 tn?1265319394
light headed dizzy
hello i'm a 22 yr old male, body style: slim. for the past few weeks everyday i been having episodes of light headed and dizziness.  i'd say anywhere from moderate to severe, seldomly it gets so bad i'll need to hold on to something just to maintain my balance.  i have a suspicion that this may be linked to malnutrition/poor diet.  my income is limited, and needless to say i dont eat 3 meals a day.  usually the food that i do eat is not of the healthiest.  however this is not my question. im going to work on improving my diet.  my question is could this be linked to anything else besides poor nutrition? thanks for your help
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your electrolytes, vitamins, minerals could be off balance with is part of a healty lifestyle. Yes try to eat better and drink plenty of water
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
We are not medical doctors here. However, because these episodes have gone on so long, I would recommend that you see a health care practitioner. Sometimes lightheadedness and dizziness are related to minor inner ear imbalances that aren't really serious, like labyrinthitis.  OTC Dramamine or Bonine can help symptoms like these.  

Your symptoms could also be related to diet or due to timing of exercise; there's just no way to know without a physical check-up, however, and having a doc take a look at you.  

If you get your episodes at certain times of the day, it can be helpful to keep meclizine on hand (that's OTC Dramamine or Bonine). But I would still recommend that you see a doctor, if possible. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
7 mins ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
16 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee
NJ
Blank
Paxiled