Nutrition Community
lime juice with water
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lime juice with water

Hi

I have read somewhere that drinking lime juice with luke warm water in empty stomach helps to speed up the metabolic rate. Does anybody know if it causes acidity or other ulcer/gastrik related problems if taken in empty stomach?

Many thanks.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
I have not heard that about Lime Juice. I know some put some Lemon Juice in their water to help with digestion, and some will eat a grapefruit a day for weight loss, but, being these are all "citrus" and "acid" I would be very careful, especially if you are susceptible to stomach problems or have an ulcer.

Also, if on certain blood pressure meds, be careful, citrus fruit can cause a bad reaction if taken with these drugs.
Blank
Hey Thanks!
Well I havent had any specific stomach ailments before and neither do I take blood pressure medicines. I have been taking the lime juice for few days now, no complaints, as yet, touchwood!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...