The easiest thing to do is take smaller helpings and no seconds. Once you have disciplined yourself to that extent, then increase the vegetables and fruit you eat and cut out candy and sweet snacks. If you get that far you are well on your way to losing weight. No matter what sort of diet you have, it is always true that to weigh less you have to eat less. Then eating foods that have fewer calories and you will be slim eventually. Don't expect the change to come overnight. But stick to it.
And remember - no sodas either diet or non-diet. And no bottled or canned fruit juices. They are nothing but sugar.
At your age, weight loss is easy. Here are some tips:
1. Eat less junk food. Make it a treat, not a habit.
2. Don't drink soda. It's not as hard to do as you think it is. I only have a soda every few months.
3. Eat less in general. You need to have fruits, veggies, grains, and protien with each meal, yes, but what you should do is look up how much of each you should be eatting. The portions are most likely much smaller than what you're used to.
4. Work out. You don't have to become an MMA fighter, but even just going for a walk every day instead of playing video games helps a lot.
5. Only two hours of screen time a day. That means TV, computer, and games shoudl total 2 hours. What do you do with the extra time? Crunches, lunges, homework, walking, or jumping jacks.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.