Nutrition Community
low WBC, low Lymphocyte and high Monocyte

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

My daughter is almost 8 months old and her routine blood test showed that she has low wbc count, a low lymphocyte count and very high monocyte count. she was diagnosed having an early pneumonia 2 weeks ago and was prescribed amoxicillin suspension. 2 days after the medication was done, she started a fever of 101.3 again. I took her back to our family doctor and he ordered another x-ray and blood work. The x-ray came back and he found out that the pneumonia did not go away and told me that it was non responsive. But i'm so concerned about the blood work. What does it mean if you have a little low wbc, a little low lymphocyte and a very high monocyte counts. please help.
White blood cell count indicates if our body is fighting infection (if it's high) and low WBC may mean that her immune system is not built up yet it could also be lowered because of a really bad infection.  High monocyte counts are due to infection.  Lymphocyte's are made in the bone marrow low lymphocyte counts could also be due to infection or anaemia.