Nutrition Community
low carb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

low carb

I am interested in doing low carb, but I am nervous I will gain weight and that it would be bad for your heart and chlorestoral. What are people opinion and what should I start out with
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'.6"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
151
Dear Ash,
You are on the right track. High Fat Low Carb (HFLC) diet is the way to lose weight and gain some health back. Sounds weird because we have all been taught the opposite for years. Please check out some You Tube videos by Dr Stephen Phinney and Dr Peter Attia. They will point the way for a Ketogenic diet that will help you. You will not gain weight if you stick to the diet. Fat is your friend, but only when carbs are not around. I have personally been on it for the past 6 months and I have lost weight, not trying to, and felt the best in years. Checked my numbers and all are better on this diet.