Nutrition Community
low potassium muscle twitching
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low potassium muscle twitching

Can low potassium cause your muscles to twitch and make you feel shaky? Because from time to time I get this feeling of little twitches throughout my body. My muscles cramp as well. Also sometimes, I start shaking and can't stop for up to a few days even. I've had bloodwork done at the doctors, and found out that my potassium was low a few weeks ago. Could that be causing these symptoms?

On top of that, I've had some weight loss and a problem with my blood pressure dropping too low when I change position. (I don't know the numbers, but I had an orthostatic blood pressure test and was told that my numbers dropped a little low.)