Nutrition Expert Forum
lunch ideas

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

lunch ideas
My son is 10 years old and a very picky eater and needs to be on a gluten free meal guide. Im having a hard time making him lunch everyday thats healthy and things he will eat. Any ideas????
Wheat products are restricted but you can have corn, potato, and rice products, such as corn tacos, rice noodles as pasta, rice cakes, rice & beans, and potato pancakes to names a few and give you variety. Lunch ideas – if he is not allergic to nuts, peanut butter on rice cakes/corn chips or on apples, humus with corn/potato/rice chips, cheese sticks with rice cakes or chips, or rice pasta with fresh tomato sauce. There are an increased amount of gluten-free products on the market to choose from now, such as gluten free pasta, cookies, crackers, chips, and muffins. The Celiac Organization has an excellent website www.celiac.org as a great resource for information of the gluten-free diet, and food products with gluten. Hoped this helped you.
I did leave out that he has a milk allergy too but you did point me to the right direction, thank you. There are a lot of things that you listed he will not eat just because he just will not eat them. He never tried them, I have no idea if he will, I hope so he is so small and his Dr. is watching him very close. He is 60lbs skin and bones. Hates vegies and fruits any ideas how hide them into anything????
I do not usually recommend products, however, there is a device called Yonanas (sold in Bed, Bath, Beyond) that takes frozen fruit and turns it into soft ice cream without the milk! You think you are eating ice cream when you are actually consuming all fruit. It is a great way to get children to eat fruit.