Nutrition Community
need organic foods?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

need organic foods?

i have to start eating all organic foods and i am completely in the dark on this. my family is junk food freaks and i have to loss a lot of weight. i hate shopping and i do whatever is faster and easier to do. can you buy completely organic foods at a grocery store or do you have to go to a special store for these foods???? i also need organic meat and i didn't know ther was such a thing. I NEED HELP!!!!!!
I know most grocery stores should have a health food/organic section. Maybe call some stores in your area to find out. My opinion is since we all have to eat, try to eat as healthy as you can, expecially organic foods. Hope I could help.

Lins
Poor diet can have an injurious impact on health, causing deficiency diseases such as scurvy, beriberi, and kwashiorkor; health-threatening conditions like obesity and metabolic syndrome, and such common chronic systemic diseases as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis.

--------------------------------
kapil
--------------------------------

Natural Vitamins-Natural Vitamins
Most stores will have a section of Organic foods and veggie, you just have to look harder. I know the one I go to has a special section for organic fruits and veggies, they cost a little more, but, are worth it.

As to meat, that might be a little harder, however, again, in the larger stores, they can be found. Also, if you know of a good butcher/delicatessen, this can be a good source for the organic meat. I have started to cut back on meat, I notice that when I eat it, I get bad tummy aches, and now that I am eating less of it and eating more fish and such, I am doing better. There are so many chemicals in it anymore, it is sad.

Oh yes, if you have access to a local health food store, they would no doubt be helpful in obtaining the kind of food you are wanting.