Nutrition Expert Forum
prednasone

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

prednasone

About 2 wks ago I was on prednasone for an infection.  Every since then I feel like I am starving and have no control over it.  I started last Saturday too.  Is there anything I can do? Is it possible the prednasone is causing this even though I am off of it now?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
Prednisone may increase appetite . It does take a while to come out of your body. Suggest drinking or eating foods that have very low calories or no calories when you feel starving so you do not gain weight. Hopefully the feeling will decrease as Prednisone decreases in your body. Thank you for your question.