stevia & diarrhea
Hi, Has anybody experienced diarrhea after using stevia ? thanks.
I had intense cramping and diarrhea for 4 hours straight!  I never want to go through that again!
I can't say for sure that it was the stevia - could've been some bad spaghetti...but I have never had such bad diarrhea in my life.  I actually passed out afterward it was so severe.  It took all my strength just to stay on the toilet.  It was horrible!
I have had horrible diarrhea, cramps, bloating and general abdominal pain when using stevia. I have stopped using it and after the symptoms disappeared tried it again with the same results. It is definitely the stevia. I did not realize that the pain and sickness was related to the stevia until it had happened several times.
I've had horrid diarrhea when using anything with Splenda in it.  We're doing the Metabolism B plan and the only real 'sweets' that we can grab on the run is something like the sugar-free popcycles or dreamcycles.  Well, I can have one after dinner and wake up at 3 AM with screaming diarrhea.  So now switching to stevia and making my own light desserts to see how it goes.
Like others, I experienced severe abdominal pain, gas, bloating and explosive diarrhea. I also experienced an aftertaste... I am disappointed bc I have the intestinal side effects from other sweeteners and I was hoping this one was different. Oh well!!
I started taking stevia in my coffe a week ago and I've been having diarrhea ever since. I wasn't sure if it was the stevia because I've done some changes in my eating habits, but after checking all of them, I've come to the conclusion that's Stevia the culprit.
Good bye Stevia, I think I'll go back to nice old sugar. All the sweeteners seem to have a problem.
I have experienced intestinal problems with Splenda and Stevia products. My symptoms are gas, bloating, intestinal discomfort and diarhhea.  There must be something in both products that doesn't agree with my system. For some reason, aspartame does not bother me. Bummer - there are so many diet beverages and other products with Splenda, and I love Sobe Life Water 0 calorie, but unfortunately it contains Truvia (stevia).  It's not worth the discomfort.
I had two mini cans of the New Life Coke which has Stevia in it  and i have  had the absolute runs,and wind like you wouldn’t  believe, that was 4 hours ago ad i am still running to the bathroom. I personally think Stevia is quite dangerous, and I won’t be having it again.My stomach is still making the gurgling sounds.