Nutrition Community
tiredness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

tiredness

what are the kind of food that can give you energy and fast ?
for example : after a long day of work (12hour shift)
how can I get my energy and take care of my body ?
I'm a little confused -- you want energy after a 12 hour shift?  Or during so you don't get so tired?  Anyhoo, one of the best quickest ways to boost energy is meditation.  Twenty to thirty minutes of meditation will give you the equivalent of several hours sleep, at least until bedtime.  Foods that are very concentrate in nutrients can help if you'd rather do that, such as spirulina or bee pollen or combinations of them.  Adaptogenic herbs can also help, such as siberian ginseng or rhodiola or a combination of adaptogens -- they work on the adrenals so you don't deplete your energy.  Many spirulina and bee pollen supplements come with siberian ginseng added.  I believe YS Royal Jelly makes a good one.  
You need 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night.  There is no magic to keep you healthy if you get sleep deprived.  

You need a diet high in vegetables, fruits and protein.  Eggs and nuts are good as well as poultry, fish, beef and pork if you have no allergies.  You can make green smoothies in the blender.  There are recipes on youtube.  It utilizes leafy greens mixed with fruits and healthy fats.  
Thank you and sorry for confusing you  .
Thank you that really helpd me  ♥
I haven't used Prime One but it was highly recommended the link is below

http://www.iamams.com/primeone.htm
Apart from Omega 3 I don't use any supplements but as someone from the other end of the age scale I can say that I have lots of energy - more than  many of my much younger work colleagues. I eat a balanced diet, but find that nuts, fruit, and eggs are particularly good energy boosters. Also drinking plenty of water.

I also find a power nap when I get in from work will restore my energy. Not quite meditation but has a similar effect.
A simple, healthy snack that can give you energy very quickly is an apple!
I know this is surprising, you normally see tennis players eating a banana to get energy quickly but in fact a apple is an even quicker source, I normally eat one before training! And you know the saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" :)
They don't eat a banana just for energy, it's because bananas are much higher in electrolytes than apples, particularly potassium.  Thus the banana.  Apples, on the other hand, contain a lot of quercitin, a natural antiinflammatory and antihistamine, so why not eat one of each?  Just sayin'.
Yeah your right! Sorry I didn't go to much depth, eating one of each would be great too, good suggestion :)