Nutrition Expert Forum
vitamin B6 toxicity cause?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

vitamin B6 toxicity cause?

A blood test showed that I have 958 nmol/L of vitamin B6 (pyridox fosphate) in a reference range of 40-100.  I.e. almost ten times greater than the upper limit.  I also experienced some peripheral neuropathy in my feet some months ago (which stopped), and have some brain fog (ongoing).  What could be causing this high level?  I was taking a multivitamin, but it has only 25mg of vitaminB6.  I will of course stop taking it now, but is there any other possible cause and what should I do to de-toxify?  (I also took a supplement called DIM, a broccoli extract.  Could that possibly contain B6?)  I'm worried about having caused permanent nerve or other damage.  
Thanks for your help!
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
6'3"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
180 lbs
Research has shown usually after 6 months symptoms are resolved. There is no food to eat to increase the healing process. Definitely stop all supplements of Vitamin B6 and you should only consume vitamin B6 from food sources. The Food sources with lowest amounts are: Peaches, Milk, Peas, Carrots, Ground Beef, Brown Rice, Soybeans, Avocado, Banana, and Turkey. It is a required vitamin and is needed in numerous necessary processes in our bodies. Eat with caution and small amounts. When you are healed suggest consuming the recommended daily dose which is 1.3mg for women under 50 years old and 1.5mg for men over 50 years old.
1 Comment
A related discussion, B6 toxicity was started.