Nutrition Expert Forum
vitamins during pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

vitamins during pregnancy
I  am nearly 6 Weeks pregnant, just found out and I have been taking vitamins such as Alive for a daily supplement, fish oil, and garlic since before I found out. I am now also taking prenatals, my question is are the other vitamins safe to be taking still while I am pregnant?
Suggest taking your prenatal vitamins and increase you intake of garlic and omega 3 fatty acids (plant sources mainly) from your diet instead of supplements. Your consummation of fish needs to be limited to decrease mercury intake. Hoped this helped you.
YES! Definitely. You need to ensure proper thyroid function AND iron production amongst many other things. Folate is also extremely important. Essential fatty acids like avocado, nuts and seed, flaxseed oil in your salads and soups are a great idea/option too. You need to get a good quality natal vitamin.