weight gain problems.
my whole life I have always had a thin build.  about a year ago I decided I wanted to try and gain some weight.  I figured I would do this by doubling my food intake in a healthy way and working out 4 days a week.  I was taking in anywhere from 3500 to 4500 calories in a day.  I did this for 8 months and did not gain more than 1 pound.  I didn't become very very noticeably stronger, but I weighed the exact same.  no matter what I do I cannot get past 170 pounds.  I eat like a horse.  is there something wrong with me?
It has to do with our metabolic rate. People with fast metabolic rates have a hard time gaining weight and others with a slow a metabolic rate  have a hard time losing weight. Recommend eating the high calorie foods and amounts, approximately 2500-3000 calories a day. If you are still concerned, suggest you have your thyroid checked. Thank you for your question.
well if you had read my post you would see that calorie intake is not a problem.
i also had a hard time gaining weight and this year i lose 3kg! i hate it! im weighing only 42kgs now. is there anything to help my metabolic rate to become slower?hehe
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.