Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
='( HELP!
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

='( HELP!

hey everyone! im 17 yrs old and it wasnt until very recently that i found out i might have ocd. i always had these weird thoughts but i justified them by telling myself they were normal and they werent really out of the ordinary but they werent normal either..it wasnt until one day i was watching a scary movie(ive always loved them) were a man who was innocent starts hurting his loved ones..when the movie was over..this feeling ive never felt before very much like anxiety times ten swept over me and all i had running through my head were these thoughts of hurting my family=( never in my life had i had this happen to me and just thinking about it made me feel like a very sick person..ever since that movie i stopped watching scary movies all together and every day after that i had those thoughts..i prayed soooo much and as the weeks went by the thoughts subsided and i was soo happy..then just last night i suddenly thought "wat if i forgot how to breath" and that was it a whole new wave of stupid irrational thoughts about forgetting how to breath entered my head..i also have random sexual thoughts about my own family sometimes but deep down i know thats not me and i would never ever in my life hurt anybody..is this ocd??