A different type of OCD
Hi Everyone,
I am a 33 year old female that has been diagnosed with OCD since I was 19.  It all started with obsessions about food.  I would obsess that someone had put acid (psychadelic acid) in my food.  I would eat and then do nothing for an hour afterward just in case I started "tripping".  After this obsession calmed another one came in even stronger.  It was obsession about being gay.  I am not gay but I obsessed over this for at least 7 years.  It was hard and I got through it with medication (Anafranil) and all began to be better.  Now, about a year ago, the obsessions have found a way to get attached again.  This time it has to do with my job as an Occupational Therapist.  I obsess constantly that I am doing my job wrong, I don't know enough about what I am doing, I am not qualified to do what I do, I do nothing helpful, others know that I am a "fraud".  This is all from my head.  I have never gotten a bad review or anything close.  And it just jumped out of the blue like most of my obsessing does.

My OCD is not classic - about germs, diseases, harming someone, etc. So it's hard to find a connection.  

Anyways, I have been through several jobs in the last year and have had to quit because of the OCD - anxiety/panic attacks-when working with patients.  I went from a professional high paying job to a minimum wage receptionist at a spa.

I'm just putting feelers out.  Does anyone have an OCD that is purely obsession? Have you lost your job because of OCD?  Do you or can you relate to this at all?  I need connection with someone.

Hi Vomer, In some ways OCD is a perception issue. If a person feels that the universe is part of them, self interest over takes them and they become singular, but is the person feels that they are part of the universe then the focus becomes plural.