Anyone with violent/dundermining thoughts?
Hi. I would like to share my strugggle with other like-minded people. Has anyone had violent thoughts about their loved ones? Do you also have compulsions? My compulsions are checking ones, particularly seeing if there are any "signs" to "confirm" my fear. Can anyone can relate to this? Your input is much appreciated.
hi there i can sympathyse with you there because i have violent thoughts aswell, what triggers my ones off is when i look at an object it could be anything and i will get images or thoughts of what i could do with that object come to me and i cant shake it off and these thoughts will include my loved ones, i cant choose who to have them about it just comes to me and these images and thoughts are disturbing like something you would see in a horror movie, my compulsion for this is to hide these objects out of my sight and it often stops me from doing house hold chores with the things i am using, i do also have checking compulsions to confirm my fear, i would look at the place i have had an image come to me to make sure i hate the image i seen and to know that it sickens me which gives me temporarily relief to know that i didnt like it but then i feel guilty for looking as i then think did i look again because i must of liked it.  frm kellyL
,
thx kelly. its good to know that youre not alone. ive found therapy is a good start to overcoming this disorder, as is medication as long as it is the right one. i just want to add that i get anxious about relatioonships. not sure exactly why, possibly because of low self-esteem. when im anxious i worry i might harm that person and  then i compulse and so on.