Aa
A
A
Close
Can someone please advise me on "flooding"
I’m a doctor, who happens to suffer from OCD – my particular fear is getting HIV / AIDS. I know all the facts and know that how the disease is transmitted, but as you know, having OCD, reason and logic go out of the window. I have tried gradual exposure in the past, which worked, but I have slacked and have gone back into my shell. I’m ready to try a new approach. I want to expose myself to all the normal triggers without doing the usual checking / reassurance techniques. I heard it is called flooding. My question is how effective is “flooding”, if it is done properly – i.e. if I strongly resist the urge to check and get reassurance.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have worked for a Clinical Psychologist for 14 years and have Panic Disorder myself.   There is some really interesting new research regarding OCD and a deficiency of a form of Vitamin B called Inositol.  My Psychiatrist, who is not an alternative medicine doc., just went to a large convention regarding this topic.  I believe many medical teaching facilities have been doing research on this subject and had great success. Google: Inositol and Panic Disorder or Inositol and OCD.  Many articles come up with great results, and hope, especially for children.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources