Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Compulsive masturbation

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Compulsive masturbation

I am currently being treated by a therapist/counselor for a problem with compulsive masturbation.
I have been addicted to porn/masturbation for 25 years.

About 5 years ago, I began experiencing significant muscle loss throughout my body, as well as burning/tingling in my muscles.  I've also developed severe insomnia.

I have read an article, stating that excessive sexual activity can cause a depletion of the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine (Ach) in the brain, which can result in damage to the neurons and neuromuscular junctions.  

I've had countless number of medical tests over the last few years and all have come up negative.  Has anyone ever come across, a case like mine?  Is there anyone else that experiences these symptoms?  If my muscle loss is due to the depletion of Ach, then is there a way to increase Ach production?  Will the muscles ever become strong again or will they always be atrophied and painful?

Need help!
David
Yes. Mine is of similar case
Most professionals will argue that masturbation is normal & lists many benefits of this activity,but these people will not think about its harmful effects it makes on one's life

Symptoms you're describing is not caused by masturbation alone,it's mainly caused by distorted porn images in your mind & this activity resulted in compulsive masturbation

You must stop all kinds of porn viewing i.e remove all triggers that is leading you to masturbation in order to end this obsession.

You can regain all lost energy,if you can get rid of this habit from your life.
Keep yourself occupied some other way.. pick up a hobby or somthing.  Once you dont masturbate for a couple weeks your desire to fades away and in my experience you begin feeling alot better mentally.  
No I havent had any of those simtoms but i am gonna stop. Its mosterly a matter of will power and it is also about getting the thoughs out off your head. like Pure760 said just pick up a hobby or think bout what you have to do tommorow or something like that. when you go to sleep think bout what you do in the day or just listern to music at night. I does have really bad simptoms so you just cant complietly stop you just cut down your steps from just say 2-3 times aday to 1 and day or something like that
I used to have the same problems with masturbation since I was a child.. I'm a very sexual person but recently because of my depression stress n break up I havent felt any urges.. is that good. I'm even scared to masturbate thinking its ungodly too..
I used to do it 20 and up times a day now the feeling is gone. I heard from a doc that its healthy and if u stop using it u'll loose feeling there.. any suggestions or comments?
Look i'm sorry u are going through this just have will power and strength.it is definatly not goin 2 b easy but I believe every human being has enough power to what they believe in
You may want to search Myositis Association.  There are other muscle conditions.
hi shiet,

likely you wont loose feeling if you stop masturbating.  it just wasnt the right time for you.  sounds like too many other emotional issues were taking place.  with depression you tend to loose interest in pleasurable activities.  some form of medication likely would assist with the mood swings also.

glen w
um, i have this problem too.  i dont think dropping from 4 times to one time a day is going to help.  its like drugs, you use once its usually gonna happen again and even if it dont, it keeps the mental issues active.  

today is day 3 and a half for me.  i found that day 2,3, and 4 and maybe 5 are the HARDEST.  If you can push yourself through those days and get to close to one week it gets easier and u do start feeling better.  this is real real hard for me.  but im tired of it and im doing it.

this is real hard for me cause im a 26 year old virgin.  BECAUSE OF OBSESSIVELY MASTERBATING (masturbating) ALL MY LIFE.  terrible huh?  i lost normal emotions, normal sex drive for females, i just wanted to masterbate and i did.  

well not anymore.  its hard but i am finding relief through studing meditation, yoga, WORKING OUT, jogging....candy or gum...nicoteen if you smoke can help...hobbies, sleep when u need too....im  telling you its like coming off of drugs man.

feel free to comment on my post people.  im interested in help also.
I don't want this post to be offensive. I am more worried if anything.. I used to have regular girlfriends. Now I have no-one and no intimacy and I'm just addicted to M. I can't even say the word it's so embarrassing. I've been like this for fifteen years and have been using literature to generate fantasies. I feel that it's gone on long enough but every time I try to stop I start thinking about it all the time and it's like an obsession. I have bi-polar disorder and my mental problem seems to make matters worse. What shall I do? It has been ruining my life for fifteen years and I even told my mother and she said it was normal. I wish I could stop and I want a relationship and marriage etc. I need to seek advice from a professional.
Ok, First of all there is Absolutely NO WAY that Masturbating can cause Muscle Loss. That is just 100% Nonsense. There is Absolutely NO WAY that Masturbating even a lot can cause any type of Muscle Damage or whatever your talking about.

Masturbation is just a natural as urinating and there is no reason to feel it's WRONG or BAD.

Society has just filled everyone's heads with 1000 years worth of nonsense to brainwash everyone into thinking that masturbation is bad and wrong.

I'm a 39 year old married guy, I've been married for 9 years. We have great sex, I often Masturbate once a day at least and have done so even in marriage in addition to my wife and I having sex on a regular basis about 1-2 times a week when she's in the mood. My wife is fully aware that I masturbate and she has absolutely NO Problem at all with me enjoying myself through Masturbation. She even likes to help me, watch me do it, etc. It really turns her on.

I have masturbated ever since I was like 10 years old and between age 10 to say 19 I use to masturbate 2-3 times a DAY every single day. Yes I'm serious.

Today, I am perfectly healthy, I own and operate my own business and make a good living.

Anyone who tells you that Masturbation is Bad or Harmful is full of it. Masturbation makes your sex life WAY BETTER than if your some prude who has never felt joy in your life.

People need to WAKE UP and start living your life and just make it work. Stop WHINING and looking for excuses for why your life is screwed up. Masturbation has NOTHING to do with how successful you are and if anything a person who masturbates should be BETTER in bed than someone who has no practice!! Think about it!!
What martin333 says about his marriage may be true.  But there is a difference between masturbating with your wife and masturbating alone, and while watching porn.  If I were to ask martin333 if he had a porn problem, he would say "no."  But I don't know if he notices or not, he is still masturbating more than he has sex with his wife,  1-2 per week is sufficient for a marriage, but he still has to compensate with masturbation.  Now I'm not saying he's addicted to masturbation, because he could very well not be, but he is completely over seeing the problem that the original poster has, as well as some of the correspondent.

Most problematic masturbators are people who must use porn, or some sort of sexual story to masturbate (to fulfill their fantasies).  They also do it alone.  An addict can lock himself up and get lost masturbating for hours (I know because I have done it for 5 years and I'm just starting to realize, more on this later).  When we as mammals orgasm (especially humans), there is a rush of chemicals that get released into our brains, this is what we are addicted to.  And there can certainly be a chemical change in the brain from so much masturbation (overdose of certain chemicals such as endorphins and hormones).  The hormone imbalance may be causing the muscle loss for the original poster.

Addiction to masturbation is serious stuff, but there is hope to get rid of the urge to masturbate.  Don't let people fool you into thinking "masturbation is natural."  Let's say there are two men (A and B).  Man "A" goes to the bar to get a drink or two maybe once or twice per week.  Man "B" goes to the bar every night and gets drunk; having multiple drinks per day.  Who has a greater chance of dying from liver disease, and who would you say was an alcoholic?  Man "B."  Now I'm not saying you can die from masturbating, but you can surely feel lonely, depressed, or unable to have an intimate relationship, and that can be a problem.

I have recently discovered (after 5 long years of doing so), that I am addicted to masturbation.  I would watch hours (up to 8 hours sometimes, an average of 4-6 hours per night) of porn and masturbate during that entire session, orgasming when ever i could (did it like 12 times in one night).  And now I am seeing side effects.  I have notice my sex drive start to die down, I haven't had any meaningful sex.  I don't get erections as easily as before (and sometimes i can't), nor as they as strong.  My penis hurts when i masturbate.  I feel like i get really emotional more than in the past (hormone imbalance).  I have a problem.

I have made a commitment to stop, and get my sex life together.

In conclusion,  addiction to masturbation is not good.  It can lead to bad relationships, and relationships is what drives humans; they are very important to us.  There is hope though, and we have a choice to break the addiction; all it takes is a decision.

If you have over come the addiction to masturbation, please post your success stories, help us out, tell us what you did to conquer the addiction.
Forgot to post this link, gives you some insight to addiction to masturbation:

http://www.sexualrecovery.com/resources/articles/understanding-compulsive-masturbation.php
i am also having a problem whit masterbating (masturbating) all the time  i am 16 years of age from ghana.how can i stop
I believe that masturbation is really wrong. I tried to stop the habit many times but I failed. It even got to the point that it went public. I use it to relieve stress. I have watched a lot of porn. It already affects my life, health, family, studies, etc. I really need help. This habit destroys my sexual life. I hope that I can stop it by making myself busy . I will focus on improving my way of life. Perhaps I will find other things to do like studying hard or getting into sports. I also need to be health conscious. I know that we can get over it.
I also have a terrible addiction to masturbation, and I typically masturbate at least 5 or 6 times a day, although I used to do it even more. Its been this way since I was 12 years old when I thought I discovered masturbation all by myself. Since then it got out of control all through middle school and high school, with me usualy needing to masturbate 7 or 8 times a day, but never being able to get a steady girlfriend.

Due to my chronic masturbation I have never been able to form healthy relationships with women. I still cant. In fact, I work as a delivery guy/copy boy at an office, and there are always all these attractive (or semi-attractive) women secretaries walking around, wearing sexy high heels, or short skirts, and it gives me awful errections that are so painful I cannot bearly stand it. I find myself usually having to excuse myself to the bathroom at least 3 or 4 times a day at work to masturbate, because the women in my office are always causing me to get painfully hard.

Of course none of them ever talk to me, exxcept to tell me what to copy, or what to deliver where, which usually just turns me on more. At least one of the girls has commented on noticing it in my pants before, which I denied, then had to go run straight to the bathroom at work to masturbate to try and make it go away.

Worse, I think my inability to control my errections and my constant need for masturbation has put me in a very serious situation. After years of being completely ashamed of my virginity I recently slept with an older woman, who I really shouldnt have. I was so desperate to lose my virginity, that I ended up sleeping with one of my friends older sister who lives at home with them, and even though she isnt technically mentally retarded, she's definitely really mentally slow. She's 41 years old and never lived outside the home, and is a constant chain smoker who smells like an ashtray and has various mental problems, anxiety/panic attacks, and things like that. Just a few months ago before I turned 19, I was at my friends house, when I saw his sister wearing only an oversized sweatshirt and some dirty keds shoes without socks and lighting one cigarette off another, and I just couldnt control my errection. I had to go sneak out to the guest bathroom, which happens to be in his sister's room and masturbate, just to try and make it go away.

The problem was that his older sister walked in on me masturbating, and I was so embarassed I couldnt take it. Even though she talks more like someone in elementry school about most things, she has a filthy mouth and is really sexual and kept saying all these gross things that kept turning me on more and more and I couldnt stop myself from masturbating even more. Then she kept touching me and rubbing herself and I knew I had the chance to finally lose my virginity to someone, rather than masturbate alone for the rest of my life.

After we had sex in her bathroom, I went back to hang out with my friend but found that my errection would only go away for a little while at a time. Later that night I ended up going back to her room while she was asleep, and waking her up to see if she would help me out with another errection problem. Suprisingly enough, she was eager to help out.

That was like two months ago, and since then Ive been compulsively masturbating more than ever, and Im back up to 7 or 8 times a day. This is causing really bad chaffing that is really painful, but I dont know what to do about it. Worse, Ive been having recurring fantasies about my friends older sister, even though she is not that attractive, because she's way too skinny, and always wears wierd clothes from the 80s, but refuses to wear any socks, and has stringy brown hair, dull brown eyes, and smokes like a chimney and hardly ever says a word. I found that the more I think about her while masturbating, the longer and longer it took for me to finish, and the more I needed her.

So now in addition to my chronic masturbation problems Ive started going over to my friends house more and more to hook up with his older sister. I mean its wierd because shes like almost as old as my mom, but shes ok with my wierd masturbation issues and never says much so I guess its ok. Im still keeping it secret from my friend, because I dont think he'd understand, but Im starting to get really paranoid that shes going to get pregnant from all the unprotected sex, but Im just so terrified of being alone and having to facing masturbating by myself for who knows how many more years, that its all I can do.

Even just writing this and telling someone about my serious masturbation problems is making it worse, and more painful, and making me think Ive got to do something about it before it gets bad.
I have the same prob. Only my heart hurts and my back and nees and my heart hurts most of all. I always think to myself that I can stop but everytime I use the bathroom or shower I do it again. Any suggestions on how to help?
Oh. I'm 14 btw
Take anti-deppresents.......it makes you not only not want to have sex or masterbate but it makes it so that it doesn't even feel good at all.
I've had this problem for 30 years. Some things have helped but porn and mb keep me broken, weak and empty.
i also like to masterbate at times but i am not addicted as much as my boyfriend.see we are a few states apart.i dont want to lose him so i do it for him when he calls me on the phone every night.because he seems to really get off on it.but truefully i really dont enjoy it as much as i use to.i am getting to the point i have to look at  porn in order to even touch myself or fantasize  about some one doing it to me in order to get off.if my boyfriend keeps this up.i will break up with him and find someone else to really please me.
Took a lot of courage but here is my story. I started to M. since I was 13. I'm 25 now and have been constantly M. for 12 years now. I started with normal porn but gradually I felt I needed more and more so now I M. to shemale porn (regular porn doesn't even turn me on anymore) and the worst part is that I M. by stimulating/milking my prostate (so that I can ejaculate without even touching my penis). Useless to say, I feel my whole world is going to hell. I am permanently anxious, got social phobia, huge concentration problems (I'm a college student), no libido, no pleasure from eating food and frequent mood changes. My erections are weak and whenever i'm trying to have sex with a girl this is a huge problem, especially when it comes to putting the condom on.
I tried to stop this several times but since it has been such a long time I am M. I failed. Every time I failed it just got worse. Failing having decent erections with real girls made me even more depressed. I can't even describe you how embarassing and humiliating is that. And it happened several times.
So i decided to stop M. once again. Try to workout, go jogging (it's not easy when you have social anxiety), eat healthy and go to sleep early.
I am also taking St John's wort pills in order to cope with my depression and spirulina to supply my body with nutrients.
So far I managed not to M. for 1 week. My max was 2 weeks. I can confirm you that not M. makes you feel better, it's like youhad more energy. It is especially true for anxiety (I feel a lot more confident, I don't know if this is because my testosterone level is getting back to normal or not).
For those who say M is a normal thing: it might be but trust me, it can ruin your life. I personally wish I never started to M. It sure did play a role in making me the weak, depressed and half impotent person I am right now.
I hope you guys get over your M. addiction. It's a "demon" you have to fight. I know I'm at war with it, I just hope I don't end up defeated.
my doctor told me my muscle loss could be due to excessive masterbation (masturbation),i have a bad a habit of 23 years ,im getting pain in muscle and joints are weak.i hate doing it and have tried stopping 100s of times
First time blogger, here goes:
I'm 32 years old and I have been masturbating for about 25 years now. I know it seems strange that I started playing with myself at age 7, but it's true. When I was about 4 or 5 years old, my neighbor/friend, who was two years older than me, would want to 'play games' and he would touch me and make me touch him. I didn't know any better. I went through high school and then college and into my adulthood. I suffer from depression and severe social anxiety. I never gave it much thought throughout the years until a few years ago when I started talking to a therapist. I never mentioned it to her, but the images just swam their way back into my head and I started making connections with my addiction to those moments when I was a child. This is my first time ever talking about this, except with my wife. She doesn't know I masturbate regularly, and I know I could tell if I had to. I am unemployed and home a lot by myself. Some days I can fight through the urges to touch myself. I tell myself 'No' and I go to the gym or find something else to do. I can go a few days without masturbating, and on those occassions I FEEL AMAZING. I'm energetic. Positive. My mind doesn't feel cloudy. I can think faster and I feel and look better. Then I jump off the wagon. My wife isn't very sexual in nature and doesn't have the same appetite as I do. So if we don't have relations for a few days, sometimes weeks, obviously I crave that sensation and I fail. Then I get into a habit of masturbating every day. Sometimes once, sometimes twice, sometimes three or four times. I feel guilty. I feel tired. I feel drained mentally and physically. I don't work out. I over eat. I get lathargic. It's amazing to me the physical and emotional differences in my behavior when I masturbate versus when I don't. It's quite fascinating. I already masturbated this morning. I fantasize about a friend. I felt sleezy afterwards. Then I decided to look for blogs such as this. I wanted to read and understand other people with the same ailment. I've always known it was a problem, but reading some of these posts has really inspired me to take action again, and really strive to make myself a better person for myself and for my wife. It's time to start living and stop blanketing my vice. As much as I crave that rush for orgasm and that relaxation afterwards, I would rather crave the energy and positive feeling of knowing that I can overcome this addiction. I want a new life for myself. I've never really known anything else. It's time to start taking control. I will come back on here for inspiration, like I did today, if I feel like I am falling again. Thank you to everyone who has shared their story - it isn't easy, even on  a blog.
i have been a real victim of compulsive masturbation.i have been masturbationg from age 14 and did every day once or twice a day.nw i am 25.i became a porn addict at age of 19.now that i have stopped ,my mind just feels like it woke up from a very very deep sleep.cant tell really terrible to say ,i cant recognize myself i have become so weak.i do body building have average build ,that helped me a bit,but i have destroyed my life.it feels like am a walking dead.Otherwise i am perfectly normal.guys plz get rid of this habit or make it to once a week only.trust me u will feel the difference.tc
Dude ... ! Sup !?!?!?! feelin' better !?!?
http://www.slaafws.org/

this is a good resource I have used in the past and continue to use today. It is an obsessive compulsive disorder.
First and foremost, there is nothing wrong with masturbation. Secondly, your daily routine might have a lot to do with you feeling depleted; lack of exercise, poor diet, etc. Third, don't turn to Jesus, or "God", you'll just end up feeling worse than you did before; self guilt is meaningless in recovery from an assumed problem.  

Try finding a good woman or guy, that masturbates a lot to. Also, not to insult you, but make sure your not a hypochondriac . . .

Good luck to you!
Yeah I have a book that has be a great source of comfort and has helped me understand Sex Addiction in greater detail but yet I still find myself looking for comfort in masturbation or on occasion porn it is really starting to take control of me. I have told a few people about my problems but I guess the best place to talk about it is here with people who know exactly what I am going thorugh. Any advice please.
Masturbation isnt the problem, pornograhy is...its simple. The problem is being addicted to watching porn. if you litter your mind with trash there are consequences. start watching something more positive like the secret, or tony  robbins or something. Its like if someone is doing crack and obsessing about drugs, it will mess up different areas of their lives. Well if you obsess about positive thinking, that will effect your life in different ways and make you happier. Your subconscious mind will give you whatever you give it. It doesn't perceive "good and bad" like you conscious mind does, you perceive porn as "bad" like I do, so if I watch it, bad things seem to happen, or I just seem to feel bad. Recognize your morals, if porn hurts you, its because deep down you think its bad...listen to yourself and dont watch it.
That's a very big problem if it goes out of hand. I think that some external causes such as having a partner who's not as sexual and looking at Internet porn are two of the biggest issues. Let me first clarify the latter.

I'm 31 and I've been Ming since I was 12. I believe that if you don't have any kind of readily available pornograhic material at home that will never fail to stimulate you, you will masturbate less. People must get away from all kinds of porn material because I think that watching/viewing porn is just like ordering/eating junk food. You simply don't make any effort to feel the way you want to which is feeling satisfied. Compared to establishing a healthy relationship with a member of the opposite sex, it requires much less effort and there's always loads of material in which you will accidentally discover or actively seek out people who look like the persons you have actually met and felt attracted to but didn't make a move because, well, it was "too time consuming," "worth the effort," "too risky to be good to people," "too risky to open up," etc. As a result of all this there will always be an emptiness that can not be filled up as long as you feed your compulsion. You should get away from all kinds of porn. That is to say external, artificial stimulus which is not your own doing. Your imagination is O.K. I guess because your fantasies are a part of you - not some people that you don't know adding to your feeling of isolation.

The second issue is the first one. Sometimes your partners can be a problem, but don't let it make you descend to your previous life. Let's say you finally quited looking at porn and are abstaining from doing it. You somehow get a partner but your partner doesn't feel as sexual as you do. You can't get back to your old self. If you want to be satisfied sexually you must earn it. Besides the emptiness will also be filled up with emotions that you craved for. You should talk it out with her, or wait for things to get better (this is the most difficult because restraining yourself is harder than abstaining altogether), or you can be with someone new as you did before now.

These are all from my story. Hope it helps.  
Although I this message is for 'all' I would like to say that in now way I am putting anyone down because of being non-believers. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I was a compulsive masturbator most of my life, I was also a promiscuous guy (very promiscuous!!!). Needless to say, I turned to the Lord for help because NOTHING else was helping. However, it is true that when I first turned to God for help, I felt quite guilty, not that I was not feeling guilty before for the emptiness and guilt that comes after masturbating so frequently is not "property" of the Christian only. Non-believers feel guilty as well. Anyway, the change started to happen when I TRULY AND HONESTLY AND COURAGEOUSLY AND WITH TRUE INTEGRITY I committed to the LORD for help. When I asked Him for help, I did my part as well. I stopped watching porno, stop watching as much as possible movies with sexual content of any kind, and even stop looking at semi-naked pictures from 'regular' magazines or the Internet.  Now, I also REPENTED. Of course the word "repent" may trigger to many of us feelings of more guilt and depression; that's true and it was for me too. HOWEVER, when I found out that the Greek word for REPENT means also CHANGE OF MIND, things came into a better perspective. So when I repented, I changed my mind. I changed my mind by acknowledging to myself that what I was doing to myself and did to others WAS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO for it was destroying me and them. I was very anxious to the point of just masturbating without stopping even in the classroom; I would get arouse at the 'fall of of hat', my mind just couldn't stop thinking about having sex. As soon I got home I went to the computer and plugged myself into the obscurity of porn.  I did so many things to arouse myself and keep my mind into the 'mood' that it occupied my free time. My concentration at work was dismal, my moodiness unbearable. As you can tell from this short true story of my life, I was a mess!!! But it took COURAGE, oh boy, lots of it, to put myself in the hands of the Creator of all, for I thought I have no control now of my life...but to my surprise, the LORD put the strength back into my feeble mind, opened new vistas for my future and strengthened my self-control. Yes, I have masturbated since: Four times in ONE YEAR!!!, two of which were out of desperation because I had a horrible neuralgia that couldn't be stop with pain meds, so I needed sleep to get to work. HOWEVER, when I was going to masturbate the THIRD time out of desperation, I ASKED the LORD please help me go sleep. I don't want to masturbate just because of this unbearable neuralgic feeling...and HE responded. I fell asleep a few minutes later. So I hope this help many of you, Christians and non-believers. This is my honest and true story. Do I still want to do masturbate? Sure, mostly in the mornings when my testosterone is highest (I'm 51 years old and still have enormous sexual drive),  however, I clean my mind by CHANGING MY mind and thoughts and SUBMITTING to the LORD's help.  And HE DOES!!! A note for any Christian here in this forum: REPENT (CHANGE YOUR MIND) of every sexual or dirty or negative or hateful, or angry thought you had during the day every nite before you go to bed. Every time I do that I feel enormous relief. I am much, much stronger today and my concentration, work ethic, mood are well above of what they used to be. Praise goes not to me...BUT TO MY GOD, MY LORD.  
The modern medical profession is very good to have around if one needs an arm or a leg sown back on, or has been in a car accident, etc. But they really are deeply ignorant about many health issues, one of which is the harmful effect of excessive loss of seminal fluids. No you do NOT have to masturbate to remain healthy. The more of your semen you can retain, the healthier you will be. Google 'what is in semen', it takes a lot of the body's energy to manufacture.
sorry it's the first time I've used this forum; the duplicate post was accidental.
That's ignorant on so many levels. But hey, if we can't expect a majority of neurologists to understand the disease of addiction (and only a few general physicians), how can we expect the general public to comprehend what has been proven by the world's top neurologist in addictionology.  It is an addiction, no different than alcohol, heroin, cocaine, etc.  Indeed, in the case of masturbation, the addiction works on the very same cyclical neurotransmitter and glandular release/uptake/void as heroin.  

Again, I don't blame you or anyone else for failing to understand addiction, the science is up to speed but the medical community is far behind in educating the public.  You admitted to not understanding the problem by your statement, "I have masturbated ever since I was like 10 years old and between age 10 to say 19 I use to masturbate 2-3 times a DAY every single day."  You're not getting it.  That's like somebody telling an alcoholic they "used to drink a lot of beers at keg parties in college" -- that has nothing to do with the alcoholic's problem in downing 750 ML vodka jugs daily which rips apart his liver, kidneys and intestines worse than direct poison. You will not understand this reply comment more than a family member that lectures an alcoholic about drinking and driving, and then at his funeral the next week, just can't understand "why he didn't listen."  Well, "he" did listen, but the disease could care less.  Like alcohol and other drugs, there are indeed harmful physical and neurological consequences to chronic/obsessive masturbation. And actually, the ones complained about are some of those harmful consequences.

This issue is not about morality, or "freedom of sexuality dude" or whatever the hell else -- it's about The Disease of Addiction -- and the sad state of reality that this poor guy is probably screwed because medicine, the public, and 99% of these bloggers are clueless. And- so will be the people to whom he turns for medical help. My advice=- a good rehab facility that is highly ranked to treat porn/sex addiction.
Your brain has rewired himself on porn , you need to stop this if you don't want to lose your mind .You have problems with your neurotransmitters , and neuro-hormones Acetylcholine , GABA , serotonine and espiecialy dopamine . You need to go on a diet with lots of vitamins , i suggest you : Bananas , apples , rice , dark chocolate , lots of dark green leaves . You need to change your thinking , to want this change , it is a very big problem your mental state . You need to understand that porn and masturbation is a bad thing , just find something else to do , to focus on .I am speaking for everybody , life is worth living you need to find yourself again , to be a new you . Pray if this helps to whatever it takes to become the old you , change your habbits . This are the main problems in M. :Loss of memory , anxiety , sometimes lower abdominal pain , problem focusing , unusual behaviour .The loss of memory and focus can be repaird by time , eating the right stuff , sleeping 8-9 h /day + supplements ( Vitamin C , B , Zinc , citric fruits , apples avoiding junk food , spicy food) avoid mental exercise when you feel tired .Make a new scheldue , and respect it , less computer and TV helps .Just think like this , you have 2 problems here 1 physical and 1 mental . The Physical problem is that you are tired , you lack of sleep , you need to sleep more eat right and give your body what he needs to recover . The mental one , get the M. out of your life and the obssesive behaviour .I have this problem too , it is harder and harder . But , i have done some research and i think this may be the cure , i used to have a great mind an iq of 145-170 but now i am somewhere arrownd 110-120 with focus and memory problems , i am tired all the time , sometimes i am dizzy , blurred vision and speach. I hope this helped you all , if you still want to find the answer search it by others , keep searching other recovery stories whom succeded .I wish you the best , thank you .
Hi,Although I am a medical Graduate and I am very fond of watching nude indian woman picture and masturbating. Althogh I feel guilty but I cannot stop me from doing it.
Right on. However, i'm wondering why i almost prefer to get myself off than the "trauma" of anticipation whether or not i can come with her.
I just read your post. Wanted to know if your feeling alot better. Did you quit masturbating or still doing it? Are you still having anxiety and depression issues? I too am trying to quit my masturbation habit. It's been six weeks now and doing my best. Stop thinking about porn,sex or anything in that area. Keep myself busy through the day. This is what I'm doing. Thanks for your help and info.
That's a good story! I'm going to follow your example. Put God in my mind and throw out the sexual/physical garbage. I'm 6 weeks so far in quiting my masturbation addition. Trying to do a lil spring cleaning mentally. How are you doing? Thanks for your help and input.
Hello! I read your post. Very informative. How are you doing with your addiction? Hope you're great! I too have taken on a healthy diet,taking vitamins and cleaning my mind from this addiction. Trying my best. Good post! Thanks for your help and input.
It seems most comments, while varying widely from religious to scientific justifications, are ignoring an often overlooked and yet quite profound facet of reality:  There can be no secular division between science and the physical ramifications of the unique creation we enjoy...most refer to this simply as "God" to simplify comprehension.  As sentient beings, we do not follow strict accordance with scientific law (God) - we can deviate as we see fit - but that deviation does have consequences.  The primary fallacy of ANY masturbation is poor self-reflection in the face of self-satisfaction.  This has two equal and opposite ramifications depending on an individual's history:

1.  Ego justification:  I feel a craving not unlike hunger and I want to satisfy it because it feels good to do so and seems to have no direct repercussions.  After all, I'm human and I'm more intelligent than a dog and also more aware of my body and its needs.  I've seen dogs masturbate, so I'm not violating any natural law.  However, comparing ones self to a lesser sentience is poor justification for filling a niche.  Do we think Einstein was a chronic masturbater?  Possibly, but probably not.  He understood the natural law well enough to expand on it for the benefit of all and not reduce it to justify self-satisfaction.

2.  God-minded/Scientific justification:  Natural law (God) permits masturbation because it otherwise would not be possible.  So long as I don't lose my touch with the relational and reproductive importance of sexual pleasures, I can balance risk and reward and float on.  Though not clearly evident, this justified behavioral pattern results in oscillations between OCD-type patterns and a higher state of mental wellness.  The balance promotes itself, and any sustained behaviors that challenge this "average" will promote the opposite behavior.  I know this from experience with many many MANY facets of overindulgence, not just chronic masturbation.  Self-acceptance is usually a balance of self-promotion and self-loathing, but it is still a far cry from "natural order".

If a person strays from the natural order set forth by the history of the universe as we know it, their sentience becomes polluted by a self-imposed manifestation:  a.k.a. OCD.  It is simply a lack of putting things in proper perspective and being appreciative that we exist and do probably have a more significant purpose in this universe than we are aware of.  Whether this is self-realized or not determines acceptance or avoidance of self-reliance, but regardless the behavioral (and thus mental) deviance continues.  This gives credence to the above posts suggesting those with the problem "Turn to God" for resolution.  By removing ones self from the equation, the requirement for self-satisfaction disappears altogether, and before the recovering addict is even aware, he/she is enjoying natural satisfaction in ways they never thought possible...mostly because their thoughts were focused on pleasuring one's self and maintaining some sort of pattern of justification.

The biggest problem in modern day as it relates to excessive masturbation is in all actuality a problem with self-awareness in a grander scheme.  There are a great many distractions that deprive our senses of this logic, and the biggest contributor (as it pertains to masturbation) is quite obviously pornography.  Anchor yourself in the true reality and not your own, and the effort (and thus the obsession) fades into the nothingness that it truly is.
Hey there! I read you comment to Katulu. How are you feeling? Making any progress? And how long have you been doing to M? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!