Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
EXTREME OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

EXTREME OCD

Hi everyone.....this is really embarrassing and i dont really know how im going to say this without sounding weird but i have extreme OCD. I have an undying need to THOROUGHLY clean my anus and bowels after i have a number 2. This sounds bad but i cant help it. I feel all dirty and i need to be sure its all out. I have to wipe constantly and its even got to the point were i am sticking my finger in to try n clean myself internally (This has lead to bleeding and extreme soreness.) It is really getting my down but i cannot help it. I need to know how to stop this because it is ruining my life. Does anyone out there know of anyone with similar problems. If so how did they combat them.

Sorry if this is repulsive but i needed to say it. Thanks for listening
Tags: extreme, bowel
Best thing to is speak to your psychiatrist and also cognitive behavioral therapy can work on  people's fear of contamination in general.
I would suggest using one of those toilets that use the water jet cleaning thing instead of toilet paper but that might just be giving in to it. You have to use exposure therapy to desensitize yourself to it.

I've had the exact same problem for about 5 years now. It has become a full fledged obsession, so I can appreciate and understand how you feel as well. It *****. Its gotten to the point that once I get into the cycle, once I give in to it one time, then the rest of my day is spent with that pre-occupation always on my mind. I spend 30 minutes in the bathroom at least, every time, and I go through loads of toilet paper which also leads to the soreness and sometimes bleeding. The bathroom to me has become my comfort zone. No matter how hard I've tried, Its gotten to the point that I recognize it is a serious addiction that needs help, but I honestly never thought in a million years that another person on planet earth had the same problem so thank you. what would you call this? OCD? or something else? this is pretty much the only habit or ritual i participate in and dont show any other OCD like-behaviors to my knowledge.

P.S. How does one start this conversation with ones psychiatrist? so embarassing
i know its been 2 years since you posted this but im just like you and i know that you are probably still experiencing this problem.

I have not seen or spoken to anyone about this ocd but i have a strong feeling it started due to the fact that i was sexually abused as a child. i can only remember cleaning my anus so much since then. i have managed to stop myself from using my finger, but i waste alot and alot of toilet paper.. wetting the toilet paper helps too..

ps. for times where it really gets to me and i feel that i must use my finger, i wipe alot with toilet paper and then have a wash after. it helps alot