Effexor vs. Lexapro
what are the differences? i want to get off all SSRI's b/c i think they cause weight gain and i know they cause other effects.

I have taken both but effexor was harder to taper off of.  I know they cause a slight weight gain, if you are exercising and watching calories that isn't a problem.  I too struggle with all this but I am just too hyper and the brain moves too fast if I am not taking one.  
im in the process of switching from effexor to lexapro i was one effexor for 5yrs. some people just need it to live life. its not bad. just watch ur diet, and live ur life.
anyone else?
I went on Lexapro a few years back, and had a horrible reaction to it.  I'm naturally a very motivated person, but when I was on the Lexapro, I didn't even care to get out of bed in the morning.  I never wanted to do anything.  Instead of getting rid of my anxiety, it pushed me further down.  Now, I'm on the generic of Zoloft, and it's working MUCH better for me.