Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Emotional Numbness
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Emotional Numbness

The other day I was at work, and noticed a woman, and I couldn’t help but notice I was staring. All of a sudden I had a horrible guilty feeling come over me, because I have a girlfriend who I love very much. I felt horrible. I thought to myself “does this mean I don’t love my girlfriend”. One thought lead to another, which snowballed, meaning my OCD took over as usual, and I am not left in this horrible situation.

I have very bad OCD, Depression, anxiety…the list can go on for a while.

The negative thoughts about my love for my girlfriend have been going on for about week now, and it’s turned into an emotional numbness. My head feels so overwhelmed, and I feel like I can’t think anymore. I can’t eat, sleep, or even think about her without feeling nauseous. I can’t shake these bad thoughts that have left me almost paralyzed.

My Psychiatrist told me today that my Paxil and OCD do this to me.

I feel empty on the inside, and its literally killing me. I don’t like waking up, or going to work. I won’t enjoy life unless I feel like I have my girlfriend back.

Can someone please reassure me that it will pass (again), and that it from OCD?

I was deeply in love one minute, and then like this another?

Thanks.

Some other information about me:

I am on Paxil, have sever panid disorder, social problems, OCD (clearly)
Tags: OCD, Love, help, emotional, numbness, doubt