Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Eye Lashes out

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Eye Lashes out

I pulled my eye lashes for about 20 years since.  I think it already damaged.  How can I stop it but bad habit for many years?

Thanks!

This discussion is related to eyelash regrowth.
You can't do it alone as what you have been doing hasn't been working.  Time for therapy or a change in thinking thru self help books or therapy...
I think you should visit a dr and tell him/her about your compulsive eyelash pulling.  I used to do the same thing.  I pulled eyelashes, eyebrows and hair.  It was when I was a pre-teen and all through my 20's.  I sometimes still pull my eyelashes but not too often so I know when I'm under stress when I do it.  I believe it is an OCD called trichotillomania.  I never got "help" for it because it basically went away on its own.  But if you are still doing it, I would definitely recommend seeing a dr. about it.  My eyebrows will never be the same as a result of my pulling.  You don't want to do any more damage to your eyelashes.  Good luck to you!  
NO WAY,

I used to do the same thing. I don't know I just stopped
It happened to me, I started young for some reason and its become an obsession, At one point my eyes became infected, and I had literally no eyelashes. I thionk tis gotta stop, its become better but when im stressed its always bad - does anyone know help?
I have the same disorder you have. It is called Trichotillomania, email me if you want the support site i am on for it. It is related to ocd because its the feeling of pulling your hair that keeps you pulling. I am a lash and brow puller myself and have learned alot about this, I am here if u need help.
Im 12 and i keep pulling my eyebrows and eyelashes out ive done it since i was 10 when my dad died and ive been to my gp and had therapy could someone tell me how long it takes to grow them back? how do i stop it and is there a name for it?
I pick at my skin constantly, pull out my eyelashes, and pull out my eyebrows, would these be considered symptoms of Trichotillomania? I also have be diagnosed and been treated with OCD.
Im 21 years old. I have been pulling out my eyelashes since I was 12.  about 5 years ago, it grew to also pulling out my eyebrows. It is and has seriously damages my self esteem, I can't leave the house with out alot of make-up, I can't look people in the eye, and I feel horrible ugly when i don't have make-up on. I have been trying to get help for years, no one especially medical professionals takes me seriously.  "just stop doing it" isn't an option for me. I've considered everything from hypnotism to surgery. I NEED HELP. I'm desperate. Any insight. and like i said "just stopping" isn't an option.