Faking OCD
First a little background: A few years back I began watching the television show Monk, which is about a detective with OCD. It realling seemed interesting to me, all the things that could be made perfect in my life if I tried. (before this I had already been somewhat of a perfectionists). So I began going about each day straightening things and ordering them, washing my hands, avoiding dirt, and casually touching each pole I pass.

A few years had passed and I had forgotten all about my little phase. But then, about a few months later, about a year ago, my friend began noticing strange behavior from me.  I had been having obsessing thoughts and they began showing. My friend and I joked about my obsessions and they seemed humorous until not too long ago when they began consuming my life.  These obsessions come with very few compulsions.

Now to the question: Can my pretending to have OCD have had anything to do with my obsessions and compulsions now? Or perhaps, could this just be a manifestation of previous routines?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1666691 tn?1303757948
I think maybe the fact you liked pretending to have ocd was already a sign that something in you feels a kinda obsessive need for perfection as you say. And it progressed to more obsessions? Sounds like a more or less common progress of ocd or in your case the obsessions part.lily
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources