Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Faking OCD
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Faking OCD

First a little background: A few years back I began watching the television show Monk, which is about a detective with OCD. It realling seemed interesting to me, all the things that could be made perfect in my life if I tried. (before this I had already been somewhat of a perfectionists). So I began going about each day straightening things and ordering them, washing my hands, avoiding dirt, and casually touching each pole I pass.

A few years had passed and I had forgotten all about my little phase. But then, about a few months later, about a year ago, my friend began noticing strange behavior from me.  I had been having obsessing thoughts and they began showing. My friend and I joked about my obsessions and they seemed humorous until not too long ago when they began consuming my life.  These obsessions come with very few compulsions.

Now to the question: Can my pretending to have OCD have had anything to do with my obsessions and compulsions now? Or perhaps, could this just be a manifestation of previous routines?  
Tags: faking, OCD