Faking OCD
First a little background: A few years back I began watching the television show Monk, which is about a detective with OCD. It realling seemed interesting to me, all the things that could be made perfect in my life if I tried. (before this I had already been somewhat of a perfectionists). So I began going about each day straightening things and ordering them, washing my hands, avoiding dirt, and casually touching each pole I pass.

A few years had passed and I had forgotten all about my little phase. But then, about a few months later, about a year ago, my friend began noticing strange behavior from me.  I had been having obsessing thoughts and they began showing. My friend and I joked about my obsessions and they seemed humorous until not too long ago when they began consuming my life.  These obsessions come with very few compulsions.

Now to the question: Can my pretending to have OCD have had anything to do with my obsessions and compulsions now? Or perhaps, could this just be a manifestation of previous routines?  
I think maybe the fact you liked pretending to have ocd was already a sign that something in you feels a kinda obsessive need for perfection as you say. And it progressed to more obsessions? Sounds like a more or less common progress of ocd or in your case the obsessions part.lily