False Memories?
This is something that has been on my mind recently:

I have Pure-O with a hearty scoop of HIV Phobia scooped in.  Generally I have a pretty strong handle on my OCD - I'm quite high-functioning, I can manage socially, and so on - but over the summer I've been hanging around not doing anything, and I suppose my brain has decided to occupy itself.

Basically, I'm getting memories. Weird ones from two years ago, that I'm not sure are real or not. Like I mentioned, I have my intense fear of HIV, so predictably a good deal of the memories circulate around sex. No memories of actually having sex - but snippets of conversations I don't remember having - things like a college roommate asking me about the "chick I bagged last night," someone shouting at me for "having sex with their friend," and so on.

Sometimes these memories are obviously false - I have a fairly large vocabulary for a 19-year-old, and in some of the memories, all of the dialogue has my speech characteristics - rendering the memory something only my mind has thought up. Sometimes, though, they can be disturbingly creative. Sometimes, they incorporate memories i KNOW are real, thus making themselves seem more real.

Anyone else experience anything like this? It's getting to the point where I don't know fiction from reality.
I have false memories at times also.. where i cant remember something , but i obsess with trying to prove myself it to be real or not.
I also do this with my dreams
I have done this with weird childhood memories. I was convinced I was abused as a child or something really dark like that and kept having false memories that fed the paranoia.

The mind is pretty powerful and if it wants to make us suffer or believe something it can.
i have the same thing i thought i was the only one..i started having false memories when i was on the wrong meds and lack of sleep...i have known to running around asking people what is real...thank you for the post