Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
HIV OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

HIV OCD

I have been diagnosed with OCD since 6 years. I overcame most of the things about it (for example i dont have any compulsive actions anymore and many other fears)  but when it comes to my fears about HIV it causes me feel very bad from time to time. Something new happened to me three days ago which I found out that my mind is making up things which really never happened. The story is like this;
I have Hemorrhoids and i went to doctor for a physical examination. She was wearing gloves when she started to examine my anus area and then she stick her finger inside. At that particular moment i thought that she used her spit. (I wasnt seeing anything because i was lying face down). But really i do not know why i thought like that. Did i felt something? i dont really know. When i was out of the clinic i was believing it was 100% what i thought. Then the freaking out sessions began and i was convienced that doctor contracted me HIV virus. Even i went back to ask her, but not directly of course, about my fears and she said that only thing touched the gloves was air.

I want to know if any of you here with OCD has believed something never happened? I am afraid i am moving towards paranoia or schizophrenia..

Thank you for reading! and waiting for comments.
Hi there....yeah for you for overcoming your OCD fears in certain circumstances.  What this tells you is that you are capable of overcoming all of them and this one is no different.  

First let me set your mind at ease and tell you that HIV cannot live in saliva.  That is why kissing isn't a mode of transmission.  But that is really just a little tidbit because in your case nothing happened.  No doctor would spit on their gloves to begin with.  They usually have some lube around but if she said that she didn't use anything then she didn't use anything.  

People with unchecked OCD are really good at making things up.  It is astounding to me what our minds can come up with.  The silliest stuff really.  So use your coping strategies that helped you get over the other OCD compulsions and fears and apply them to this one as well.  I promise you that nothing happened and that you are in absolutely no danger of contracting HIV from this procedure.  

Take care.