Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
HOCD and Dreams

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

HOCD and Dreams

Hey all!

Just a little background info: I posted a thread here back in August detailing my struggles with HOCD and my fear of being a bisexual (I'm straight.) Well, it's been a while since then and I'd like to think that I've definitely overcome my HOCD and feel confident about my sexuality.

I do have a question, though. Last night I had a gay dream and I'd appreciate it if someone would shed some light on what I went through. To keep things short, I basically had a dream in which I kissed two men, which made me feel aroused in it. I also woke up feeling aroused and it left me baffled.

Is it normal for a straight guy to have gay dreams like that? Is it normal to feel within aroused like that within the dream and upon waking up?

It's my first gay dream ever and I don't know what to think of it. I mean, I think I'm straight, but what's up with that dream?

Thank you!
You said you feel confident about your sexuality but yet you are letting the dream get the best of you.  Dreams are dreams...we have absolutely no control of what we dream about.  They are usually absurd things if you are even able to remember them.  For instance, if I were to dream of being with another man does that mean I don't love my husband?  No, it is just a dream and has absolutely no credit whatsoever.  You need to fall back on whatever you did in order to get rid of the HOCD in the first place.  
Thanks! I find your post very reassuring. And thanks for helping me out with my previous thread! It means a lot to me!