Habituation
Hi guys .......i've got pure o and just cant seem to "habituate" or get used to the intrusive negative thoughts even though i've been like this for about 5 years now......How do you "GET USED TO" the intrusive thoughts? if i can get used to them i can then not let them disturb me so much ....Thanks
Have you ever talked to a doctor or therapist about your OCD?  It is a hard thing to get under control by yourself.  Talking to a professional would be the first thing I would recommend.

Getting used to the invasive thoughts is not easy - it takes work.  In my case, a combination of drugs and CBT therapy has helped.  The drugs are not a solution, they only treat the symptoms, but they can be a great help while you are doing the work to get your OCD under control.

Unfortunately, there is no quick way of getting used to invasive thoughts that bother you like flicking a switch.  Your OCD is a medical problem caused by "bad wiring" in parts of your brain.  However, if you are willing to do the work, you can re-wire your brain and while you will still have intrusive thoughts, your reaction to them can be changed.

I can recommend a good book that may help you - it's called Brain Lock by Dr. Jeffery Schwartz.  He explains what OCD is and how to control it.  However, I would also recommend consulting a professional who can guide you and perhaps prescribe medication that will help you on your way to controlling OCD.

You can conquer OCD and live a happier life.   It just takes a little help and the will to do it.