Hair Loss
Hi, I'm 23 years old and I've been dealing with OCD for 10 years or so now. It's hard, but I'm finally overcoming it slowly and I'm very proud of myself.

There's one thing that bothers me, I've been washing my hair once or twice everyday for the last ten years, with shampoo for dry/sensitive scalp or regular shampoo, and I've been losing a lot of hair as I've noticed in the tub, but for the first time a few weeks ago, I noticed it's showing on my head as well, when I look carefully I can see quite a lot of space inbetween each hair and it's mostly in the forehead area. Problem is: I'm a woman and even though I don't care so much about my appearance, I still would be uncomfortable if it got any worse.

So, if I stop the excessive washing, am I gonna stop losing it? Is it going to grow back? Should I put oil or cream or some product on it? My hair is also very long so it's almost always tied, could it also be a cause of my hair loss since it's pulling it? And since it's so long, is it too heavy? Should I keep it shorter? Please give me good advices and solutions, I'm starting to worry a lot!

Thanks!

PS: Sorry, my english isn't perfect.
I'm a guy going through somthing similar, though not from washing. I touch my hair and it breaks. Medication driven breakage.

I'd think the reduced surface area would probably reduce stress potentially applicable to any hair. But that might not help. In any case from what i know you are washing your hair too often, without the sebum your hair will be less slick and stress to it will increase. If your behaviour is the cause of the loss it will grow back assuming you haven't missed symptoms.

Well done regarding the OCD, keep at it. You're proficient in English, better than many people i encounter in the UK -_-