Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Hiv syringe fright. Kindly respond.

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Hiv syringe fright. Kindly respond.

Hello, i'm sure that there are many posts that are very much in terms of this one. Though the situations may differ, my paranoia is genuine and at its depths so please, please help. 1. Will one conspicuously feel and react to the stimulus that is a needle being stabbed either on the right side of your right buttock, or the right side of the back of your neck? 2. Will one sense it if one were really drunk? 3. Will one sense it if one were asleep? 4. Does an intra-muscular jab leave a rounded and slightly protruding blood clot on the skin about 3/5th's of an inch in diameter? 5. What are the chances of the virus surviving and being transfered in this manner? I would absolutely appreciate an honest and elaborate answer to these questions as they are affecting me in so many adverse and horrifyingly morbid ways, such that i just cant function with regard to anything. Thank you. P.S. - I know all this sounds absurd, but these are the thoughts that are hindering and deforming my apparent reality.
Also, with regard to the time i thought i'd been jabbed on the buttock, i didnt feel anything that night when i was quite drunk on hard liquor, but felt pain with the blood clot appearing when i turned to the right in bed by morning after a nights sleep.
You would probably be one of the only people in history who was intentionally stabbed with an infected needle. My guess is you scratched your neck in some way while you were drunk, leading to the blood. A needle punture generally would not bleed, and would seal itself before you got into bed. The blood spot on your sheets could also already have been there. I highly doubt anyone would even consider trying to stab you with an HIV infected needle, people just don't do that and there are no documented cases of it happening. You should probably lay off the heavy drinking if you are suffering from HIV anxiety. It will only make it worse. Please refer to my topic "HIV, OCD, and Alcohol" to see how bad it can get and give me your feedback if you feel like being supportive.
As you see from this board, many people suffer from HIV related anxiety and it can be difficult to get over on your own. Consider seeing a therapist about this. An oral HIV antibody test at 3 months can go a long way towards helping you move on. However I think if you realize you have these issues, you need to make an effort to avoid situations that will give you doubts or anxieties. This includes meeting sex workers, having polygamous sexual encounters, and drinking and using drugs to excess. Perhaps avoiding these behaviors will be the change you need to live a more positive life.
Thank you, and yes i will visit the page. Though, there was no sign of blood as of such, besides either a rash on my neck on that spot and a slightly bulbous blood clot on the buttock. Thanking you again.