Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
How not to give it power

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

How not to give it power

Does anyone know how to give  less power to an ocd thought.I feel it starting to form in my head.The whole fear of me stepping on a needle again is starting up again,I need to get a new pair of shoes that do not have a hole in the bottom where the big toes is at.Ugh! I ve tried the whole CBT but it isnt wrking this time
I would suggest getting the OCD workbook, it really does help and it explains a lot. It gives you the tools you need to overcome OCD.

It's not the easiest thing to stop the thought, because if we could do that then we wouldn't have OCD.

I try to weigh the facts, I also try to distract my mind. When the thought creeps back I tell it to buzz off. I do this constantly on a daily basis because I always have some form of intrusive unwanted thought.

Is there anything going on in your life that is triggering this again? Extra stress in your life?
Yeah I am under a lot of stress right now. dealing with someone else's depression fallout
I would say that it is your problem. Stress is a trigger for me, and when I feel nervous or upset my OCD starts up again. I would suggest trying to deal with  the source of this. Try to eliminate that stress, or do what you can to help aliviate it a little bit.
Problem is, the "depression fallout" seems to be part of your obsessive behavior.  I've told you numerous times, you seem more concerned about that, than you do your own issues.

Moving on from a relationship is never easy, and you need to give yourself some time to grieve the loss, but continuing to search for all opf the "why", and "what if" questions relating to your EX GF's depression is extremely unhealthy, IMO.

You asked how to not give OCD power?  For starters, to try not to give in to the compulsions.  One compulsion for you is all of this "research" about depression.  She has to help herself, and you're never going to get answers to those questions.  I think you should try to stop tormenting yourself about it, as hard it is may be.  I really think you need to try therapy again, you may not have found the right therapist just yet, sometimes it takes some trial and error to find the one with the right "fit". I hope you can find some peace for yourself soon.
No thats not my current ocd flare up,its the whole syringe in foot thing again........ugh!
I think she is referring to the stress being caused by the depression of another,
You might enjoy the insights from "The Mind and the Brain" by Jeffrey Schwartz and also his other book "You Are Not Your Brain."  I like them both.  I'm completely sold on the ideas he presents on dealing with OCD.  The issue for me is I'm not made of the stern stuff so the amount of mental effort applied so fastidiously over such an amount of time is pretty daunting.  But I do believe the theory.  Check it out. It's the key to depriving OCD of it's power to some or a large extent.