How to deal with OCD for hiv~
I just went to see a dentist few days back .everything he used was new and clean except a gas gun which he used to dry my gum(they never wash it, and he said only air and water coming out, it’s hollow aound 1.5mm), and I am start to think if there is blood inside the gun head from the last patient and coming out with the gas to my gum, I might have be infected by HIV… How to deal with this thought. Please help~
Hi Yan....I see that you have been on the HIV forum and you know the methods of transmission and what you are talking about is not one of them.  I know it is hard to let go of this but you have to make yourself.  If you cannot, then you need to seek outside help in the form of a psychologist.  Write down the ways that people become infected with HIV on an index card.  Then when you have this thought, pull out the card and read it.  It will be a reminder that what you are afraid of is an impossibility.  
Thank you, It's really  a great suggestion~ I am always cannot  be convinced,when this thing happen to myself. I will start to doubt what if the theory is not totally right(Like virus cannot stay active outside its host), is this kind of thought a common in OCD people? Bcs my farther teach me to be doubt about everything unless you done a practice to proof them right since i was young. So i keep a open mind about every scientific theory. And I am keep thinking what if the gun have touch the man before me and there is some blood trap inside..... This is totally mad~
As far as the dentist goes, you know the air gun thing is only ever used to blow air on the teeth to dry it, right? It is never actually used in a way that would allow blood to enter it so there is no way of there ever being blood inside it. I know OCD is not rational thinking but try to remind yourself of the functioning of that instrument if you start worrying about it again because it's one of those things that can be explained really conclusively. I agree about the index card thing, I think that would help you a lot.

HIV isn't a mystery, it's one of those very clear
Diseases that has very clear infection methods.  It's very easy to avoid HIV because as long as you always use protection when having sex and you never share drug needles, you will never get HIV. It's such a relief, unlike cancer which can be caused by almost anything..