I am about to start taking Topamax
I hope it helps with some of the invasive thoughts, but im worried about hair loss.

anyone else have any experience?
Rustysurfer24,
I am curious as to why you are on Topamax? What is the dosage? Who put you on it, primary care doc or a specialist? The reason I ask all the questions is I am curious about the usage. I have GAD and panic attacks but also tonic clonic seizures and mirages which is what it's intended for, however I have seen more and more neurologist using it to treat GAD and other panic type disorders.
im not sure of the dosage, i have to pick it up tomorrow. a specialist put me on it.

im on it b/c lexapro isnt working that great for my intrusive thoughts.
anyone?
I took topamax for over a year. Although my problem was for migranes which helped wonderfully, my ocd did seem to calm down. The neuorologist (sorry bad speller here) that gave it to me started me on a low dose. thats what the doctors are supposed to do. I NEVER lost my hair. My mom also took this for about the same period of time.. she also didnt lose her hair.

The only side affects that i had that are completely normal would be slight tingling sensastions around the face or hands. i was worried about it so i contacted my doctor and he assured me that its normal. and as my body got used to the medication that tingling stopped.

In my opinion i dont think you have anything to worry about.
I hope i helped you out somehow.
OMG I am on 200 mg of topamax cuz seroquel made me fat and my sugar is up but I can't stop it because it is saving my life. My ocd has disapeared for the first time in twenty years. Honestly