Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
I am about to start taking Topamax

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

I am about to start taking Topamax

I hope it helps with some of the invasive thoughts, but im worried about hair loss.

anyone else have any experience?
Rustysurfer24,
I am curious as to why you are on Topamax? What is the dosage? Who put you on it, primary care doc or a specialist? The reason I ask all the questions is I am curious about the usage. I have GAD and panic attacks but also tonic clonic seizures and mirages which is what it's intended for, however I have seen more and more neurologist using it to treat GAD and other panic type disorders.
im not sure of the dosage, i have to pick it up tomorrow. a specialist put me on it.

im on it b/c lexapro isnt working that great for my intrusive thoughts.
anyone?
I took topamax for over a year. Although my problem was for migranes (migraines) which helped wonderfully, my ocd did seem to calm down. The neuorologist (sorry bad speller here) that gave it to me started me on a low dose. thats what the doctors are supposed to do. I NEVER lost my hair. My mom also took this for about the same period of time.. she also didnt lose her hair.

The only side affects that i had that are completely normal would be slight tingling sensastions around the face or hands. i was worried about it so i contacted my doctor and he assured me that its normal. and as my body got used to the medication that tingling stopped.

In my opinion i dont think you have anything to worry about.
I hope i helped you out somehow.
OMG I am on 200 mg of topamax cuz seroquel made me fat and my sugar is up but I can't stop it because it is saving my life. My ocd has disapeared for the first time in twenty years. Honestly