Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
I dont get erections like i used to, is this normal.

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Hope anyone can answer this. This happened a couple of days after i turned 22. I went on the internet to look at women, and my erections would not happen instantaneously. Instead it sat there. This scared me into thinking i was turning gay. Which was weird because when i was going through puberty, i never had homosexual thoughts. When i was younger (13-19), My erections would happen almost automatically, even at the thought of me an a woman having sex. When it happened, it scared me. I thought "I have been straight all my life, am i gay now?" I went to look at gay porn and i got a very uncomfortable feeling, like a feeling of anxiety. I averted my eves and closed the window. Now whenever i see a guy, i get panicky inside that i will be attracted to him.
Some more details. I only had 3 girlfriends, never had the courage to approach one in high school. I was always the quiet one. I also have not had a girlfriend in about 8 years. How did most of you overcome this?
At 22 your still being curious about sexuality. Its normal to think these thinks. When you looked at the gay porn you felt uneasy,  that means you thought it was not for you but still found it interesting to look at it. If you were gay you would not be questioning it. The reason you cant get the images out of your mind is that you were somewhat shocked at  what you were looking at. Its the same when you cant get a song out of your mind. I saw a poor dog get run over by a car 10 years ago and still cant get it out of my mind. I just try not to think of it and you should do the same. As far as not getting sexually excited as easy is that you are maturing. You control your mind and you control what you will become. Sex is a fleeting thing and is not the center of anyones life.
When you look at men, take the fantacy to the next step. Picture yourself holding hands and french kissing and then having gay sex with all the smells and penetration openings. And then after orgasim laying back on the bed and talking. Having children and getting married and introducing him to your parents. Is this what you want/
As far as your not having many girl friends, your probably just a nice guy waiting for the right girl.
Just relax and go enjoy your life and dont foget to keep the thought of being a financial success some day.
I already thought about it, and i don't like it. I can never see myself doing that with another man. I never had sexual thoughts about the same sex growing up. It was the side effect of the wellbutrin XL causing me to think these, and i dint like these gay thoughts. Because i know that i am straight.
Well congrats on being straight bro.. I'm 23 and have been having the same problem for a year or two now.. I take seriquil xr but I stopped for six months and it didn't get better.  Meds can play a big roll also ur diet. Certain foods can help. I agree with u bro I kno I'm not gay far from it. When I was younger I used to tear em up and was ready before we got our clothes off. I just got blood work done and am waiting for results. It is still common for plp our age to have low test. Pretty much a steriod could cure it all and get our lifes back to normal. There are many things stop taking ur meds for a while first. Make sure that's it. I dnt think ur gay cause I know I'm not. Its been difficult for me cause girls from the past see me out and are like let's get outta here.. and I come up with quick excusses of why I can't all because three nights like u explained and porn is the same with me too.. takes a min for me  get goin good luck bro and if u figure something out let me know something. U are not alone
Hi I'm a 48 yro man who enjoy pleasing my wife like 7,8 time a day but lately.
I been having this problem with losing a rock hard on! During lovemaking banging hard sex. I need help please