Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
I don't really know how to get professional help, what can I do?

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

I'm 15 and have never gone to a professional for these problems but I've done research on my own and I'm pretty sure I have several disorders. I'm positive that I have mild trichotillomania (it's becoming noticeable and harder to control), I've forced myself to throw up three times (I don't know if that counts as bulimia) and I constantly worry about what other people think of me, even if I don't know them. Whenever I am upset or especially when I'm angry, I get relief by scratching myself, biting, or hitting. I've told my mother that I think I have OCD but she doesn't really think much of it. I'm too scared and ashamed of everything else to tell her because our family has been having enough trouble as it is. I know that I need help but we can't really afford a therapist or anything, I just really need some advice. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling.  Do you have insurance?  Some general practitioners are really good at dealing with OCD but in general that is in the form of medication.  That may be the first place for you to start.  

There is also a book called the OCD Workbook:  Your Guide to Breaking Free of OCD.  You can get it through Amazon for pretty cheap.  

Make sure you keep the lines of communication open with your mom.  I know she doesn't understand it now but if you get the book there is a section in there for parents.  This is nothing to be ashamed of.  It is usually due to an altered brain chemistry which is why the medications are effective.  You have no control over that.  

So try and get the book and get to your GP.