I need some questions answered about OCD...can someone help?
My daughter is 11 years old now, but since she was very little she has shown what I now know as anxiety issues. She has had issues ranging from wiping until she bleeds, washing hands until they crack and bleed, having to count to her number while she drinks, she has to rinse in a certain way while taking a shower....but her most bothersome issues have to do with her thoughts.  Alot of it has to do with thoughts that will cause her to go to hell.  We are christians....my father is actually a Pastor, and 2 of my brothers are also pastors.  She has been brought up in a loving, christian home.  And we have tried to explain that God doesn't walk around waiting for us to do something wrong.  There has been times where things get better but then there are times that things get really bad.  I have wanted to take her to the doctor for years but my husband has been reluctant.  I think this is because he has some of the same issues and feels like she will work things out on her own.  I gave in until recently when my daughter actually came to me and asked for help.  She was pleading and crying for me to please find a doctor to help her with her thoughts.  So that leads me to my question....I need to know what kind of doctor to take her to. Do I start with her Ped?  
I  
Hi there :) First let me start by saying I am very sorry your daughter is going through this. It sounds like she does not understand how to control her thoughts and that, I am sure is so frustrating for her.

Yes I would start with her Pediatrician no doubt. They may have other ideas as to helping and they will know of Therapist that specialize in these types of behaviors in children.

I am sure the doctor will lead you in the direction you need to take and the best of luck to you!
Hello! I am also so sorry to hear about your daughter's OCD. My OCD started in childhood and I had many of the same symptoms. I would constantly wash my hands, only take showers certain ways (washing body parts in a specific order), and I had terribly invasive thoughts...Especially during church. At the time I just thought I was a terrible person, but over the years, I've learned that it is NOT ME. It is my OCD. When I was her age not a lot of people knew what it was (I just turned 30). I wasn't able to get help until college, and I still suffer with symptoms. Please please please have your daughter see a therapist!! OCD is easier to treat when the person is young. Cognitive behavioral therapy really helps! Talking about it (especially to someone who understands) helps a lot too, as your daughter will realize that she is NOT alone! It is a very lonely condition, for your daughter's sake, get her help.  Best of luck!!
Thank you so much for your response.  I have contacted a christian therapist that wants to just do an assessment session.  My question is whether or not to consider meds.  Just wandering were you raised in a Christian home also?
Thank you for your response.  I have contacted a Christian therapist  and plan to set up an assesment session with him.
Sorry+for+plus+signs.my+phone+causes+them.but+yeah+i+went+through+the+same+horrible+thing+at+this+age.i+didnt+get+help+then+and+today+at+21+i+am+a+very+damaged+person+inside.so+get+help+asap.and+another+thing.its+great+that+ur+family+is+christian.but+god+doesnt+want+us+to+drive+ourselves+up+the+wall+either.you+can+make+time+for+god+and+still+make+time+for+other+things.as+long+as+you+know+hes+number+one.if+someone+such+as+the+father+is+pressuring+ur+daughter+or+on+the+subject+of+god+and+sin+every+day+24+7.then+that+could+be+causing+obsessions+with+ur+daughter