Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Intrusive Thoughts

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Intrusive Thoughts

Hello.

I'm new here, and I'm just doing some research.
I just wanted to ask people if they know or what they think
of the following question:

Most intrusive thoughts i have read about are related to constant desturbing
Sexual or violent thoughts but are they just the common ones, can there be
different thoughts unique to that individual person, thoughts about speed (not the drug)
and things like fire ect?

Also are Intrusive thoughts it's own version of OCD as apposed to when someone
wants everything perfect.

a confusing question, and not really a forum user so dont know
what much to do.

thanks for reading

CB617
Intrusive thoughts can take on many forms.  The cleanliness intrusive thoughts really are not different than someone irrationally thinking they are going to hurt someone.  The person with the cleanliness intrusive thought may develop compulsions such as constant handwashing in order to make themselves feel better though while the person with "Pure O" is just kind of going around and around in their mind with the "what-if" scenarios.  

So what is it exactly you are thinking about?  Are you afraid of something burning down or you catching on fire and burning?  I'm not sure what the "speed" thing is.  Afraid to go fast in a car...afraid of accidents?  
Hello.

The fire is just an example. As to fast I mean the constant thought of where I am traveling at great speeds like in a quick theme park ride. It's unusual but it causes anxiety and I try to calm or distract from the thoughts by watching TV or looking for reassurance that I'm not mad. Or post on forums for help you know. I don't believe the thoughts and know there all crap but they worry me know idea why. There on and off every year I've had them since like 10 years old.

Thanks for the reply

CB617
I'm not familiar with this type of thought...I'm a bit confused.  You feel as if in your head you are thinking at this rapid pace or you are afraid of speed in general?  Sorry...
Hello it is confusing.

Well just like someone with OCD may constantly think about hurting someone and its always in their mind they get anxious with the thought and then carry out compulsions. I'm similar just my thoughts are if where I am being on like a roller coaster or where I am is traveling fast. The thoughts arnt real obviously but they cause me anxiety. I admit I don't like rides or traveling to fast In cars.

I know it's hard to understand believe me but thanks for checking the post out.

Best

CB