Lexapro and OCD
For those of you who take Lexapro for OCD, what dose are you on? How long did it take to work?

I was on Paxil for almost 7 years for anxiety, but as I came off of it, it seems I have OCD.

I am down to 5mgs of Paxil while I have slowly started Lexapro. I was at 2.5 for a week, then 5mg, then 7.5 and just started at 10mg. Once I have been at 10 for a week, I am going to continue my taper off Paxil.

I am feeling pretty crappy, seems with each increase in Lex, my OCD stuff gets worse before it gets better. And with ever drop in Paxil, it does the same (increases OCD).

I am looking forward to being free from Paxil and fully on the Lexapro.

Just wondering how all of you are doing on your Lexapro.

Thanks!
Dawnie
I'm not familiar with either one as far as taking them but I'd be interested in seeing how you do. I've heard bad things about Paxil and good things about Lexapro. Seems people have had side effects withdrawing from Paxil, some not everyone.