Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Lithium for OCD and Depression

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Lithium for OCD and Depression

Is anyone else taking Clomipramine and Lithium for their OCD and Depression? I have to start on Lithium soon and am a bit nervous of it. It would be good to hear of someone else who has had success with it!
Surely you don't "have" to start on anything. Lithium is often used to treat mania and bipolar disorders. Interestingly, Clomipramine is known to sometimes cause mania and bipolar symptoms. I wonder if that is why your doctor is thinking about putting you on it. Are the beneficial effects of Clomipramine worth enough to you to put up with its side effects and those that will come with Lithium as well? Clomipramine is not the only way to treat OCD.
What are other ways to treat OCD esp if you do have bi polar depression?
Would you care to elaborate?  I've been trying to research this vary topic.
Thanks in advance.