Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
No medicines have helped OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

No medicines have helped OCD

I obsessively spell words backwards and have done it for years. It has intensified over the year. My doctor increased my sapphris 10mg to 3 a day. I also take paxil 40 mg. I also use coping skills to acknowledge it then stop it momentarirly only for it to begin again. I do it mostly when I watch tv, drive or am in a meeting. Any suggesrions about a more effective med or coping skills?
Is this the only thing that you do that relates to OCD?

If you are doing it in the car and in meetings, you are doing it mentally.  Are you using self-coaching when you catch yourself doing it?  What happens if you say "NO, NOT AGAIN" when you catch yourself.  How soon does it come back?  

As far as the medication goes, how long have you been on it and has it ever worked?  If not, I'm wondering if it is the right medication for you.