Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD and Everything that pokes or brushes me is a bat??

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

What do you do when your OCD mind thinks every poke or sensation is a rabid bat biting you?  Last night I went into our dark bathroom with an armful of towels (there was light from the hallway streaming in and I felt a sensation like a fluttering on my chin and heard a flitting sound.  I turned on the lights and did not see anything, but did not exhaustively scan every surface.  Of course I worried that it was a rabid bat.  Ugg!!  I don't know what to do other than to sit with the anxiety.  I saw no bat, but of course I want to rush off for rabies shots.  I am soooooo tired of feeling this way, so anxious.
anyone??
LOL don't worry it's just your OCD speaking or maybe a phobia, don't worry! There is no bat that is going to hurt you. But I do suggest that maybe you should talk to someone about this... family member, friends, maybe even a therapist if it bothers you that much. Might I ask how this all happened though? Did you have a traumatic event with bats?

Just keep telling yourself that it's the OCD mind playing tricks on you, believe me it will help a lot.