Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD contro methods

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

OCD contro methods

I have been  diagnost with OCD for a year now. and it is getting better by the day. Just wondering if anyone out their developed a method to control OCD better during the Irrational thought episodes. If so can you share it with me thanks. And if their is stuff that help you recover from it better.
Hi DX, what type of irational thoughts are you having as believe each are specific.
Hi Life
I mostly have irrational thought of getting contaminated with HIV through low risk activities such as:
1. rubbing my eyes with my fingers (medium anxiety)
2. sharing utensils and cup (little anxiety)
3. through small cuts in my hand (High anxiety)
4. playing basketball (Medium Anxiety)
5. spatter in my eye from some one talking to me (done by mistake) (high anxiety)
6. eating food without washing my hands (little anxiety)
7. seeing a red spot on paper, tissue, food, ect. and thinking it is blood and I am in threat from getting hiv.

I know all are not rational thought but it poops up every know and then
Hi DX, as one lives their life things pop up about dying. When cars first came out people were in fear of crashing, riding on airplanes the fear of crashing, then there was all the shots when we were kids like TB, Polio and the list goes on. As we mature and live with these issues we get used to the notion that it could happen to us but the risk is lower as car and planes are much safer and the medical profession as many new cures for illnessess.
Now a new threat has appeared which is HIV. In time society will get use to this as well and the fear of instant contact will diminish. Then something new will pop up and the populace fear cycle will start again.
All of this stems from the fear of dying. If you have this fear then seek a closer relationship to the God of your choice. This will give you hope and faith.
I can tell you one thing, we only have so much time to accomplish our goals and what your doing is a total waste of time. Focus your time also on being a financial success.