Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD doubting my memory ? Causing anxiety

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Hi there my name is Stevie and I'm 20. I have been diagnosed with OCD in October. After suffering with terrible OCD intrusive thoughts and constant anxiety I decided I needed help and went to my GP. He put me on 15mg lexapro which didn't do much. I then went to a physcologist and he put me on 40mg prozac which have been working great. But lately I find myself doubting my memory. I went to a concert in August, had a great day but got a little drunk ! Now I'm wondering did I even see the artist in person or did I just look at the large screens the entire concert which is crazy I know but my ocd is convincing me I did because I was far back ! I remember seeing him (Eminem)  but now I keep thinking but what if I didn't and it's driving me crazy I'm constantly telling myself that I did but it still doesn't make the anxiety go away. Any tips on how to stop constantly thinking about it ? I'm scheduled in to do some CBT training in the coming months. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks
Well it sounds like for the most part you are doing well on the Prozac but you are having breakthrough irrational thoughts.  But I'm a bit confused.  So you are wondering if you sat and looked at the screens the entire time and never at the stage?  And if this is the case, why is this bothering you?  Do you feel like you wasted money if this is what you did?  Do you feel like you ripped yourself off if this is what you did?  Sorry...just trying to understand what is bothering you.  

CBT is good and I'm glad you are going to learn it.