Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD just seems like it's getting worse :(

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

I'm on medication, but it's like a low dose I'm really scared to ask my psychiatrist if we can up the dosage, cause I feel like it will be better for me. As the low dosage does work but not fully. Please help... I really feel like crying cause it's hell having this and I don't know how to control this OCD anymore, I feel like giving up. What do I do?
When is your appointment?  What are you afraid of?  If it isn't working, it is their job to help you get the dosage right.  Listen, you walk in there and say "this is working but not as well as I need it to so what are my options?  If there is a higher dosage I want to try that."   Like I said, they are not the drug police.  Don't be scared.  KNOW that it is going to be fine and get in there and get your medication fixed.    
I have one coming up on the 16th. I'm afraid that the OCD med will never help me, it feels like my thoughts are coming back worse... or the fact that I feel like I'm doubting my diagnosis, every time I go to an appointment
I ask her, "are you sure I have OCD, and anxiety issues? She always explains to me yes, and why she thinks this. I'm just the kind of person that doubts myself a lot lol. IDK if it's because it's finals week at college or what, or the fact that I'm trying to get a summer job, and scared of working with others. I had a really bad job experience at a cafe. I swear it was like bad, but within 4 months I quit.

I told her that I doubt myself a lot, and she said yes you do, and went on about the fact that I do this because it's part of my diagnosis, and the fact that growing up, my parents weren't really ever there for me. Thank you for listening this means a lot to me, and I read the book you suggested btw.

Okay I will tell her that thank you... see my psychiatrist is kind of strict, but she is very nice, she actually is part of some big top psychiatrist to go and see in some magazine article she has framed on the wall. I'm just afraid she'll say no or put me on something else. I like the way Luvox helps me.
STRESS = OCD.  Do some meditation, breathing, anything to calm yourself down.  She will do right by you.  
THANKS!