OCD or am I a Transgender?
I am a 17 yr old female and i have been struggling with a variety of intrusive thought for about 3 months. I believe I also have HOCD and i have been seeing a therapist for about two months. Recently, I was listening to my favorite band and I suddenly thought that i wished i could sing like him. Since then I have been convincing myself that I am secretly a man on the inside. This thought has come and gone briefly ever since I have had intrusive thoughts, but for some reason it is sticking. I have always enjoyed typical "girl things", but I also enjoy sports and things like that. I have always been an overly logical person and i always over think things. I don't think I have ever felt like this before, but my mind keeps telling me that I have always felt like this, but i truly don't think i have. I keep going over in my mind the "girl" things I have done and have always enjoyed and same goes for the "male" things I enjoy. I have never felt so scared or stressed out in my entire life and the HOCD doesn't make it any better. I feel so confused and just want to go back to where I was before all of this started. Help!
Hi there.  It is good you are in therapy so keep that up.  Is the therapist teaching you cognitive behavioral therapy?  Things like controlled breathing and replacing negative thoughts with positive ones?  

When you say "variety of instrusive thoughts" you have to know that this one, this transgender thought, is just one more that has come along that you are having trouble getting closure on.  It is no different than HOCD or any of the others you have not mentioned.  It is all a mind game that we play on ourselves.  What you have to do is say "NO, I AM NOT GOING THERE, MOVE ON" when the thoughts pops into your head.  Don't let it go on.  "STOP" yourself from over-analyzing.  Picture a red handle in your mind and picture yourself pulling it toward you and say "STOP" in your head.  (one trick that you can use.)  

Are you overly stressed right now?  Stress can make OCD worse.  
Thanks for the advice, I am in cognitive behavioral therapy. These thoughts make me very stressed which makes them even worse. The worst part about these thoughts is that they start to feel real.
Just try to think the problem is the OCD, not the actual thing you are worried about. Try to give less power to the thoughts, even though your natural inclination is to give in to the thoughts and worry about them.
Also my therapist said these kind of thoughts 'oh does that make me gay/transgender?' are normal for everyone, all part of finding our identity.
hi there, i am going through the same thing as you right now. i am also a female experiencing thoughts of being a transexual, and the thoughts disturb me to a point where i feel nauseous because its very upsetting. i've had hocd before this, and i dont want to give you reassurance, but i managed to get over it, now im worrying about being a transexual which is stressful. unfortunately it seems that you are dealing with both, and you will overcome this, trust me.
I am going through the same thing; I am a girl who has just suffered HOCD and I kills me to think that I am transgender. I don't want to I'd rather die. I get so scared when doctors can misdiagnose people with OCD and being a transgender. The annoying thing is I am such a girly girl, and the thoughts are getting worse. I do see a counsellor but I haven't told her yet. I am terrified about what if? And I hope it's OCD and not true. I want to love men but not be one. Sometimes it's gets so bad my legs start shaking and I can't stop crying.
Hey there

definitely tell your therapist about this! don't worry about it being embarrassinng, therapists are there to sort this stuff out and have heard much worse i am sure!

have u read up on OCD and intrusive thoughts (unwanted thoughts)?
probably these thoughts are unwanted and because your ocd pays attention to them you are starting to think they are true thoughts etc
can u tell your therapist about this?