Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD or not???

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

OCD or not???

Hello I was hoping some insight to weather I have OCD or am just weird when I right a question it has to have three question marks or I get really nervous and will start biting my nails. Most things I do are in threes ie I have to walk into a room three times before I can fully inter I have a tapping habit and I tap in threes count in three have to have a multiple of three items at every meal... And so on please help
My number is 4. I do every thing in fours and your number irks me! Hahaha probably because it's not 4! And every number that isn't four, I try to make four! My husband knows that if he taps me three times and refuses to tap me once more, I'll loose it.I'll get really anxious, it is like a mosquito bite that needs itching! And counting is just the tip of the iceberg!! This dissorder effects the way I talk, walk, eat.... seriously everything I do all indifferent ways. What you're describing sounds a lot like OCD to me. However you will need to see your doctor, who will send you to a specialist who can acrually give you a proper diagnosis. My issue with them is that after the initial diagnosis, they will try and start treating you. And most of the time this is either through meds (don't take unless you need to as they increase your risk of stroke), hypnosis (which is a quack if you ask me, I spent the entire time mentally organizing the guys bulletin board while he was trying to get me under!), or exposure relief therapy (which is EXTREMELY difficult and you can expect a mental breakdown haha!).
You DO however need to be diagnosed. My biggest pet peeve (and every other person with this disorder will say rhe same) is people who just have a few "bad habits" (everyone has a few) and then go ahead and self diagnose that they too have "a bit of ocd". There is no small amount of ocd. It is a terrible disorder that literally ***** hours out of the day for some people like me with pretty complicated rituals. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor! It's actually pretty cool what a therapist can tell you about how your past influences your particular rituals!