Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD treatment Netherlands vs U.S.

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

OCD treatment Netherlands vs U.S.

Hello Doc, I have been in and out of treatment for my OCD (Hiv, violence) in the Netherlands. I really can say that much of my OCD problems are under "control" except my fear of Hiv. I have even been to a HIV clinic as a exposure training, but nothing seems to help. What are the latest developments in the States concerning OCD treatment? Keeping in mind my fear of Hiv.

With regards,

Erik
The Netherlands
Just educate yourself about the modes of transmission for HIV and you will be less afraid of the virus and more aware about just how it is spread.I believe OCD is treated with CBT,exposure therapy and the right meds.All the best.